• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ede and Ravenscroft vs Aquascutum

TomTom

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I normally restrain myself from these sort of threads but I would just like a second opinion from the esteemed members of this forum.

I’m in the market for a new navy suit that I will use for work (work for a law firm in the City of London) and I’m currently torn between going to Aquascutum or Ede and Ravenscroft. They are both old traditional brands (well Aquascutum has been bought by the Chinese) but I’m wondering what is the quality of their suits in comparison given the fact the price are almost identical. I have always been a customer of Ede but at the moment I’m after a 3 piece suit and Aquascutum have some nice ones one their website.

Your opinions would be warmly appreciated .

joeninety

Reaction score
in the past ive had suits from both, i think at the time they were made by the same manufacturer.

the aquascutum suits ive seen recently are quite different, slim lapels and trousers.

Id def go for ede and ravenscroft, chancery lane branch is the best, the staff there are fantastic.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant offer any real comparison advice, all I can say is that I have 2 Aquascutum suits Navy and Med grey and have no issues with the quality! One of the aspects I have noticed regarding the suits is that they seem to hold up very well after having been worn all day this being compared to Ralph Lauren both black and purple label of which I have a few suits. So much so that whenever I'm travelling I tend to use these as they hold up better and look nicer heading into meetings. Take that for what its worth..... I would have no qualms buying more Aquascutum suits.

Hope that helps !!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics