• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddie bauer sweaters

djs488

Reaction score
So I'm looking for basic 100% merino wool v-necks for the fall/winter. It's tough to find. It appears that J. Crew and Eddie Bauer might be two reasonably priced options, but I've heard that J. Crew's fit is strange. Any experience with EB sweaters? How bad can they be, right?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Can we have a mall brand clothing sub-forum?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
So I'm looking for basic 100% merino wool v-necks for the fall/winter. It's tough to find. It appears that J. Crew and Eddie Bauer might be two reasonably priced options, but I've heard that J. Crew's fit is strange. Any experience with EB sweaters? How bad can they be, right?

I have a EB sweater from 2 years ago, it's actually pretty comfy. Its held up well fits pretty average, kinda loose but not huge. My beef is that since I'm short, sweater sleeves are always a touch too long for me.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Can we have a mall brand clothing sub-forum?
Yes, enough of this intermingling with the unprivileged classes!
monocle.gif

Brigden

Reaction score
H&M perennially stock lightweight 100% merino wool crew and v-neck sweaters in a plethora of patterns and colours.

zw-gator

Reaction score
I have an EB merino wool crew neck. It's a medium tall, which is great since it's slim yet fits me well (6'2, 200lbs). I have had no issues with it quality wise. So far it has lasted me 2 years...now I don't wear it that often mind you.....

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
^^^^^^ how's the quality of those, and at what price?

Unfortunately, I cannot attest to the quality of the sweaters, but the price is $40 CAD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics