• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ED47 VS Nashville

jedwards

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scoon0224
I just got a pair of ED-47's that I wasn't happy with. The jeans are awesome, but ****** is just too big.

What is the fit of the Nashville's compared to the ED47?
(denim weight, F&R rise, leg width)

(the ED47's are at http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=13731 )

The ed-47's are ****. I own a pair myself and have never worn them. Best are the Nashvilles or Greenvilles for a truer jeans fit. Nashville fit is pretty much like a Levis repro 1947 501.

scoon0224

Reaction score
I'm a professional sprinter so my glutes/legs are pretty developed. My waist is 32 and my seat is 39 or so. (my APC English fit me like a lot of these guys' standards do. Nudie RR are painted on my thighs)

Makes it a pain ********** to find jeans. ED-47's are NOT baggy on me.

(the APC English fit perfectly on me. Slim, straight leg.)

jedwards

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scoon0224
I'm a professional sprinter so my glutes/legs are pretty developed. My waist is 32 and my seat is 39 or so. (my APC English fit me like a lot of these guys' standards do. Nudie RR are painted on my thighs)

Makes it a pain ********** to find jeans. ED-47's are NOT baggy on me.

(the APC English fit perfectly on me. Slim, straight leg.)

Bear in mind they will stretch anyway if they are raw denim.

The nashville has a higher rise which I prefer - the denim is also heavier weight.

scoon0224

Reaction score
I assume you have a pair of Nashvilles? What are the actual measurements on them?

(being in BFE, I have to order my ****, and like to get it right first time)

Thanks for the input

jedwards

Reaction score
actual measurements of what?

I wear a true 36 x 36, so the pair I own will probably be WAY different in terms of measurements, than the pair you will buy.

the best way to describe the fit, is like a traditional 501, or indeed any jeans style that were made before the 90s when "low slung, baggy, saggy, bootcut, hipster" etc etc and all that other nonsense started.

Unfortunately I feel the Ed-47 fits into the above, whereas the Nashville fits like a classic jean

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jedwards
the best way to describe the fit, is like a traditional 501, or indeed any jeans style that were made before the 90s when "low slung, baggy, saggy, bootcut, hipster" etc etc and all that other nonsense started.

Unfortunately I feel the Ed-47 fits into the above, whereas the Nashville fits like a classic jean

Well, it really depends on how you wear your jeans. In fact, 501's used to come with instructions on what size to buy depending on how you prefered them to fit. I am wearing a pair of 5EPs straight downs right now that are pretty close to some vintage Levi's models (I would say closer to the 47 than 55) very antifit, low slung with a bit of a dropped crotch, rather loose around the butt and hips. However, I've worn the same jeans (in a different size) much tighter and higher rise.

petng

Reaction score
I have a pair of nashvilles, fantastic denim and fits great from the knee up. However, below the knees they are quite narrow(Straight). Wearing chelsea boots or workboots look funny in them. I was going to buy a pair of LVC 47s from the web. Would the 47s be a bit wider below the knee or would they be the same as the nashvilles?

petng

Reaction score
i,m a size 30. knee is 18inch and cuff is 16inchs

scoon0224

Reaction score
What about the greenville's?

Any taper tends to look a little odd on me

jedwards

Reaction score
The taper is unnoticeable. Actually less than half an inch from knee to cuff. I have new pairs for sale, size 28

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads