• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ed Hardy...ugh

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks for taking our trash guys really appreciate it.

Tangerz

Reaction score
At my college I've certainly seen this brand being worn, mostly African American students... Very excessive with brand names. Think I've seen a guy, Ed Hardy hat, Ed Hardy Hoodie, Ed Hardy T-shirt, Gucci belt (three stripes with an excessive buckle), True Religion jeans all sagged, then some Gucci loafers. That dude probably spent more on that outfit than I did on my motorcycle.

Trackstarr

Reaction score
yea idk the point of buy a piece of garbage shirt with a drawing that looks like a 12 year old girl had drawn it for 120 dollars or more!!!
mad.gif
foolishness

Trackstarr

Reaction score
To what Tangerz is saying about the sagged pants... it just gives african americans such as myself a bad name and im so sick of it. The look is so dirty and stupid i don't understand why they think its cool.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangerz
At my college I've certainly seen this brand being worn, mostly African American students... Very excessive with brand names. Think I've seen a guy, Ed Hardy hat, Ed Hardy Hoodie, Ed Hardy T-shirt, Gucci belt (three stripes with an excessive buckle), True Religion jeans all sagged, then some Gucci loafers. That dude probably spent more on that outfit than I did on my motorcycle.

huh? in america this stuff is popular with black guys? I've never seen a black guy wearing this stuff up here, it's all guidos who buy it.

nomed

Reaction score

Should of robbed that fool! come on he deserves it.

Trackstarr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
huh? in america this stuff is popular with black guys? I've never seen a black guy wearing this stuff up here, it's all guidos who buy it.
Yea actually im seeing alot more African Americans wearing aeropastale and Holister and even ambercrombie. It's nice to see less people wearing baggy pants, but they even sag skinny's. For some reason they think seeing your boxers makes you hard... I think it just makes you prison worthy

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see Ed Hardy here and there in Greensboro, but it was never a huge movement. I can't even really associate it with a "type", but in most cases the common denominator seems to be cocaine, whether the person is a consumer or dealer.

tgr5m

Reaction score
Ed Hardy and affliction are taking Omaha, NE by STORM. Just as I begun to hate it I moved here from Seattle, and a year later the trend caught on in the Midwest. I hate both of these brands with a passion. Affliction I hate a bit more than Ed Hardy though. It just looks way gayer.

I will say though, a couple weeks ago I was at a bar with my girl and this dude was wearing Ed hardy jeans, silver loafers, and a white button up that had an eagle emblazoned on the back with the word "ROAR" underneath. Oh, and the best part, ROAR and the eagle were all in Rhinestones. I thought I was going to die laughing.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
our showroom at the dallas market center is close to the ed hardy, c.aud, and smet showroom and they are always busy yet at coterie, completely dead. funny thing is, i know a couple of their reps and they hate their stuff. it's garbage and completely tasteless but retailers with guido, redneck, ghetto (all the same, imo) have made plenty of money selling that crap.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulesquire1
funny thing is, i know a couple of their reps and they hate their stuff.

Are you trying to say that the entire enterprise is undergirded by cynicism? Shocker!

pandemic

Reaction score
Saw lots of people wearing EH in Thailand this last Summer

Bsides

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgr5m
Ed Hardy and affliction are taking Omaha, NE by STORM. Just as I begun to hate it I moved here from Seattle, and a year later the trend caught on in the Midwest. I hate both of these brands with a passion. Affliction I hate a bit more than Ed Hardy though. It just looks way gayer.

I will say though, a couple weeks ago I was at a bar with my girl and this dude was wearing Ed hardy jeans, silver loafers, and a white button up that had an eagle emblazoned on the back with the word "ROAR" underneath. Oh, and the best part, ROAR and the eagle were all in Rhinestones. I thought I was going to die laughing.

OMG Roar has made it to Omaha? LOLZ, they have the front display at the beverly center macy's right now and its such a joke. All their ads are about how you can win some ferarri.

All that stuff looks like every thing they sell on melrose east of fairfax in stores like TYPHOON or XPLOSION. Its gotten so bad that I cant even laugh anymore, i just feel bad for people wearing that stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads