• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ed Hardy...ugh

Wupper

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Ed Hardy stuff? It's very popular in Germany at the moment. IMO it's butt ugly and I cannot believe how expensive this crap is. A regular Tee for 130,- Euros. I think it's ridiculous.

velobran

Reaction score
It is very popular here in south florida with the ... "latino" crowd. I rarely see them worn without the Jersey/Am Jack/Douche Bag/Gotti hair. Fricking hideous

Hummingbird

Reaction score
It is absolutely garish, tasteless, and lacking in any semblance of artistic integrity. It is a cynical attempt at extracting money from people whose taste is driven by the likes of hollywood or MTV.

hi-val

Reaction score
It's fashion in a box, pre-made and blandly seasoned so as to be just interesting enough but at the same time, sanitary.

Curious_George

Reaction score
http://www.edhardyshop.com/t-shirts-s/7.htm

I had never heard of them, but they seem massively overpriced for really boring and tacky designs. For a fraction of the price I would much rather pick up one of the many great designs on threadless (although I don't really wear graphic t-shirts to begin with).

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 Ed Hardy has swept like Greensboro like crazy. I'm not usually that attentative to what brands people are wearing, but EH's branding is so obnoxious and in-your-face that it's hard to miss.

Honestly though, I thought these t-shirst cost $25... I had no idea they were so expensive! Man, being a fashion sheep sure is expensive!

Avyer

Reaction score
I've got the same problem with Affliction.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hahaa, so glad it left LA a couple years ago though you'll still see a sprinkling of it here and there.

Don't thank us!

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
It is very popular here in south florida with the ... "latino" crowd. I rarely see them worn without the Jersey/Am Jack/Douche Bag/Gotti hair. Fricking hideous

TheRealAshland

Reaction score
id rather wear sailor jerry...

but my 1 and only problem with the look is that certain people..... *cough* say that blacks and latinos cannot wear it because there no such thing as *urban rockstars*

i think its racist as hell to say that , simply because your basically saying that you cannot dress a certain way because of your skin color oh god...isnt black history month approaching?

but its all just old to me its been around for a while...to each his own

fashion is supposed to be about looking and feeling good not buying into what others think....stop being sheep!

jkennett

Reaction score
Ashland- that is obviously ridiculous... Bad Brains and Fishbone are establishments in the punk and rock scenes. Fishbone came out in the same Cali scene that brought Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction. One of my favorite bands Bad Brains basically invented hardcore punk, and yes... they're black.

OP- yeah... Ed Hardy is lame.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
One more note, it's funny how hip hop has changed fashion as well. You have all these garbage rappers who started wearing tr, rr and **** a year or two ago and all the youth walking around beverly center are doing the same wearing all their skull/bones motif shirts with wallet chains and all that jazz.

******* pathetic.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I wonder how much kickback Ed Hardy gets for licensing his name out on this crap?

As much of a legend as he is, he should almost feel ashamed of letting this monstrosity brand bear his name

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads