1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ed Hardy hate explained

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dsmolken, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, honestly....its even worse that you don't like this shit but you put it on for acceptance. That's sad...

you make my head hurt

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

bah, how do I delete posts...the one I was responding to vanished.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

if i want to go to a nightclub in San Diego or Orange County that is gonna be full of while people as a Asian (Indian) i need to convey to the white people that I am fun...so i picked up a pair of jeans and shirt by Ed Hardy and I have to admit as much as I hate Ed Hardys stuff (in general) his cloths make me look like i belong in these clubs.
    This is beautiful.

4. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

actually i hate jersey shore.

i dress well most of the time but Ed Hardy has its place in the fashion landscape.

if i want to go to a nightclub in San Diego or Orange County that is gonna be
    full of while people as a Asian (Indian) i need to convey to the
    white people that I am fun...so i picked up a pair of jeans and shirt by Ed Hardy
    and I have to admit as much as I hate Ed Hardys stuff (in general) his cloths
    make me look like i belong in these clubs.

i like going to Decos, Voyuer, Altitude and a few other clubs in San Diego and
    by looking like a typical client i get in these clubs...that wasn't always the case
    before.

What kind of self-hating Asian do you have to be that you'd have to put on Ed Hardy, a clothing brand which you claim to dislike, just in order to feel accepted by "white people"?

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

From the wikipedia article on Don Ed Hardy:

6. jet

jet Senior member

This is beautiful.
    I thought it was too. I wish I could see a pic of this. Still confused by the asian/indian hybridization.

7. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Still confused by the asian/indian hybridization.
    Sadly Indian movie stars, cricketers and celebrities have taken to Ed Hardy with a vengeance and the average upper middle class Indian is copying them by wearing the same. How this relates to Asian/Indian dudes in OC clubs, I have no idea Indian cricketers [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

i dress well most of the time but Ed Hardy has its place in the fashion landscape.

white people that I am fun...so i picked up a pair of jeans and shirt by Ed Hardy

[​IMG]

Wow. This is usually the part where I explain why this is a dumb thing to do but I'm just too sad right now.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

by looking like a typical client i get in these clubs...that wasn't always the case
    before.

You suck.

10. dsmolken

dsmolken Senior member

What a nice thead I've started. I think hating Ed Hardy is kinda 2009, though.

11. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

before.

I wanna take your D&G sheild frame sunglasses and scratch them up so you cant see out of them and then maybe write you an angry letter is RED INK so you really get the idea. you suck.
    the way you namedrop random clubs no one cares to associate with here make me shudder to think of how you talk in real life.

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Indian cricketers

lol tendulkar and harbhajan wear ed hardy?

i mean, i would have guessed Yuvraj, but not Sachin.

they need to fire their stylist.

13. nycfan

nycfan Active Member

i used to hate ed hardy, until i found a tee that i really liked. People who hate on people just because of what they wear are equally, if not more despicable as those who wear something because of "the brand".

14. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

before.

Not that I'm trying to top you in douchiness or anything, but I love that you're name dropping clubs/bars like they're the coolest thing in town, yet you can get in wearing a t-shirt. What the Hell planet are you on..

that's pretty pathetic that you are dressing for others and not for yourself. I also find it really hard to believe you would need to wear Ed hardy to get into a club....but I guess OC has a tremendous amount of douchebags.

Uncalled for. I think most people dress for others. If you have ever posted in WAYW, you care what people think. Most don't admit it, but it's still not fair to call it "pathetic."

PS I <3 this thread. Need pics of "No Regrets" shirt so I can concede that Ed Hardy makes something cool lolololol.

15. Slarsenr

Slarsenr New Member

Ed Hardy is one of the brands I hate the most.
    One funny thing though, is many think they're stylish because they wear it.

16. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

Here is a review of your favorite "club" [read: bar] Altitude from Yelp posted by Albert W.: - A dress code doesn't seem to be enforced here and some people come pretty sloppy. That's you, Mr. SweetEdHardyT-Shirt

17. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

i used to hate ed hardy, until i found a tee that i really liked. People who hate on people just because of what they wear are equally, if not more despicable as those who wear something because of "the brand".

IMHO, I don't think adidasfan would have caught as much heat from other SF members if he was simply trying to defending the Ed Hardy brand. It was more likely his line of reasoning for wearing Ed Hardy, even though he claim to dislike the brand, and his attempt of name dropping these local clubs to justify why he has to wear it. As an Asian myself, I find it really quite sad that he felt that he has to dress a certain way in order to "convey to the white people" that he is "fun". A comment like that just screams insecurity and an abnormally desperate need of acceptance to me.

18. jet

jet Senior member

let me guess, you wear eh?

19. Lane

Lane Senior member

Uncalled for. I think most people dress for others. If you have ever posted in WAYW, you care what people think. Most don't admit it, but it's still not fair to call it "pathetic."
    I have no plans to. However, it is quite pathetic to willingly put on something you DISLIKE in order to gain acceptance by a group of people.

20. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

don't think anyone here would hate someone exclusively for wearing ed hardy. it's generally a case of simply hating what they wear. are you honestly arguing that ed hardy doesn't have a pretty generalizable clientele, though?