Ed Hardy hate explained

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dsmolken, Nov 17, 2009.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

2. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

3. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

An innovative spammer!

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the Ed Hardy wearers don't really bother me. since we're busy stereotyping in this thread, i see them mostly worn by clueless, harmless looking people.

it's the Affliction and Tapout wearers that are annoying - walking around the mall with puffed-out chests, staring at everyone like they are looking for an excuse to unleash their fierce MMA skills on you

5. shadrach

shadrach Senior member

i like how the blog references a sort of superiority complex, and immediately after someone says "oh i didn't realize $140 for a hoody was considered expensive"

6. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

it's irksome to see his name on the penultimate douchebag brand of clothes. :

Which is the ultimate douchebag brand?

I'm voting for OSIRIS:

http://www.kickfoto.com/product_and_...ersDSC5456.jpg

Many of my students wear these things, and they are an assault on my eyes.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. jay3429

jay3429 Senior member

Which is the ultimate douchebag brand? I'm voting for OSIRIS: http://www.kickfoto.com/product_and_...ersDSC5456.jpg Many of my students wear these things, and they are an assault on my eyes.
    I hate to say it but I've seen worse. [​IMG]

9. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

I actually liked ed hardy tees when it first came out. I respected Ed Hardy himself because what he has accomplished in the tattoo world and I myself was in to tattoos as well (and still am). However, after seeing it appearing everywhere and on douche bags, I have given up on Ed Hardy's clothing.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

The reason you gave up Ed Hardy is because you saw it everywhere, not because you threw up a little in your mouth every time you saw it?

11. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

haha Well it wasnt that bad. I'm in to Japanese tattoos and this was the first time it was shown on t-shirts, but then the designs got too obnoxious. Rhinestones? Umm I had to pass.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

haha Well it wasnt that bad. I'm in to Japanese tattoos and this was the first time it was shown on t-shirts, but then the designs got too obnoxious. Rhinestones? Umm I had to pass.

yeah a dragon penetrating the vagina of seven virgins while being stabbed with a heart-shaped sword is cool but when the dragon has rhinestones for eyes it's just fucking tacky

13. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Do not understand graphic tees. Even before I was into fashion, I didn't like them. When I was like eleven I asked my Mom to stop buying me shirts with stuff on them.

This was when I regularly wore my parka to school only buttoning the top snap and with my arms out of the sleeves, so that it trailed behind me like a cloak.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Do not understand graphic tees.

visual interest on an otherwise generally boring type of garment

15. Usul

Usul Senior member

the Ed Hardy wearers don't really bother me. since we're busy stereotyping in this thread, i see them mostly worn by clueless, harmless looking people.

it's the Affliction and Tapout wearers that are annoying - walking around the mall with puffed-out chests, staring at everyone like they are looking for an excuse to unleash their fierce MMA skills on you

The existence of these brands and the existence of the inclination to wear them has been a source of great anxiety to me. However, I did see a busboy at a Mexican restaurant last night wearing a shirt with the Santa Muerte graphic on it and there seemed to be a tacit understanding that this image was diluted by the medium and harmless, so maybe I am getting overly involved in a non-issue.