• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ed Hardy furniture.....

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed Hardy sells furniture now? I know the piece is vintage and is obviously not designed by whoever is behind Ed Hardy (I forget the name), but it's a little tame coming from them. I would have expected diamond skulls and sapphire dragons.... Then again, I don't think there were diamond skulls and sapphire dragons in the early 19th century... Discuss:
iii9860.jpg
http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture_ite...l.php?id=77560

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Ed Hardy has nothing to do with the clothing brand or tattoo artist.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
This seems a little to well-designed and classy for Christian Audigier. I call bullshit.

Well designed and classy? Did you see the same photo I did?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the **** is it?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
I'm thinking some sort of sacrificial altar
I guess someone named Imhotep would probably know.
Originally Posted by whodini
Have you seen Audigier's ****? That piece is the ******* Mona Lisa in comparison.

laugh.gif

True.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Ed Hardy sells furniture now? I know the piece is vintage and is obviously not designed by whoever is behind Ed Hardy (I forget the name), but it's a little tame coming from them.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/3...fa9a2f.jpg?v=0

I'd imagine it's something similar to Anthropologie's furniture stock where they appear to have buyers in France/Italy who buy up unique but unsigned semi-antique pieces, touch them up a bit and resell them for an enormous markup.

Given all the tat I've seen for sale at farmers markets in France I'm pretty sure they're paying a few hundred bucks at most for items which retail into the mid 4-figures. Sure shipping and renovation adds some cost, but I'd imagine there's a huge margin on those items.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The other Ed Hardy
Ed's journey of exploration into the world of art, architecture and history began in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Later, he received a BA from Colgate University, majoring in European history. He served in the Navy as a communications officer for three years in the Far East and soon after attended the California College of Arts and Crafts where he was awarded a BFA in Environmental Design. Ed went on to head Sotheby's Oriental Works of Art department in Los Angeles for four years before opening Ed Hardy San Francisco on Montgomery Street in 1976. An interim move to Post Street paved the way for the design and construction of the current premises which opened in 1994, across the street from the San Francisco Design Center.
Nah, this is a high-end antiques dealer, with the misfortune of a shared name. I had a look through the website, looks all authentic, some of the stuff is very very nice, and also very nicely and honestly described and presented. Some things are restored to death, but that is the American taste. Many of the Italian art deco ieces are just stunning. The prices are up to about five times what you might expect to pay at European auctions, and, say twice what you might pay in at a high-end US auction, as one might expect. You have to pay the dealer something for the selection and guarantees. Judging from the goods (lots of architectural fittings, etc), he sells a lot to interior decorators, who will get very different "trade" prices, and also demand heavy kickbacks, if I know their sort. Bookmarked, for my future antiques-pr0n surfing.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That thing looks like an item some unsavory homosexual would purchase in a Provincetown antiques shop.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
That thing looks like an item some unsavory homosexual would purchase in a Provincetown antiques shop.

what would a savory homosexual purchase?
laugh.gif
jk

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
what would a savory homosexual purchase?
laugh.gif
jk

Conne. He needs the income.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat