• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ED ET AL Shoes - An introduction. (UPDATED: Link to better pictures in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edify Inc

Reaction score
Since we have been getting comments and PMs that our photos are unflattering, here's a link to a more professional shoot! Dear members of Styleforum, We are happy to announce that we are now open for international sales! All orders for international delivery will be handled personally by our internet commerce staff who will walk each customer through sizing issues to the best of their ability. We will provide widths and lengths of our shoes if requested. As a starting base, our shoes are built on a standard E width. with our EU39 corresponding to a UK7 and so forth. Our sizes runs from EU39 - 46. However, it is very difficult to fit every person perfectly over the internet. We realise that as our shoes are relatively new to the market, sizing issues will definitely arise. As such, we are prepared to take returns as long as the shoes are returned in unworn conditions. As we are operating on low profit margins, we will not be able to bear the costs of return shipping and we do beg your understanding on this. All returns will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis and we will try our best to satisfy each and every customer. We are using PayPal as our checkout portal. Our prices are based in Singapore dollars (SGD) and all conversions provided by us in this post are approximations. All prices listed does not include shipping and handling charges, and each customer will be advised as to those charges accordingly. An average shipment of shoes to the United States for example should cost about USD50.00 - 70.00. We primarily use DHL as our preferred shipper. Please direct your enquiries to [email protected], or send us a PM. Our staff are on standby to serve you. Some frequently asked questions will be answered in the next post. The Shenton (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Esplanade (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Farqhuar (SGD350 or ~USD260) The Temasek (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Changi (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Raffles (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Flyer (SGD250 or ~USD190) The Merlion (SGD250 or ~USD190)

Attachments

• LOGO3.jpg
    LOGO3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Edify Inc

Reaction score
In response to comments and PMs that our pictures are unflattering, we have uploaded some of our product shoot photos, which can be found here: More Photos! FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Q: Who is ED ET AL and what are your credentials? A: ED ET AL is a Singaporean company of shoemakers, led by Edwin Neo, a trained shoemaker who apprenticed in Budapest, Hungary under a master shoemaker. Besides our RTW range of shoes, we also provide services such as Custom Made and full Bespoke services. Our shoes have been reviewed on these forums and others with positive feedback. Q: Where are your shoes made? A: Our shoes are produced in Vietnam by our dedicated workshop. As we control everything from the selection of hides to the manufacturing process, we are able to keep the quality high and costs low. We choose to pass the savings to the customer rather than keep a high profit margin. Our custom made and bespoke services are made in Singapore by our in-house shoemakers. Q: How are your shoes made? A: All our shoes in the current collection are Goodyear welted, with full leather insoles. We use no synthetic materials in our shoes and all our shoes are made to high standards, comparable in quality to other major shoemakers. Q: What goes into your shoes and where are the materials sourced from? A: We use only full grain calf leathers sourced from around the South East Asia region. We may not boast of using European leathers but feedback from customers has been that our leathers do not pale in comparison. European leathers are available for selection for our custom made and bespoke services. Q: What is the vision for your current collection? A: This first collection was designed to fulfil the gentlemen's basic shoe collection. We designed the lasts used ourselves, choosing a soft chisel toe and a round toe that is neutral and easy to wear. Our upcoming collections will push the envelope of design more. Q: How does your shoes fit? A: Feedback from customers is that our sizes runs smaller than what they are used to. You may need to size up in our shoes. Our staff are on hand to assist you in sizing issues. Q: Do you have any more samples of your work besides RTW? A: Yes, please see links below. Custom Made Bespoke Tumblr 2011 Catalogue Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Last edited:

bullswin

Reaction score
If I'm generally a size 7.5US/40.5EU (eg, with AE's standard 5 last, I'm a size 7.5), what size would you recommend?

Edify Inc

Reaction score

If I'm generally a size 7.5US/40.5EU (eg, with AE's standard 5 last, I'm a size 7.5), what size would you recommend?

In this case, I would suggest that you go with our EU41, depending on the model you are looking at. It has been our experience that sizing up by 0.5-1 sizes gives a good fit.

PittiUomo

Reaction score
Looking forward to your new collection. These are .. too netural for my taste.

bobsnushoes

Reaction score
I see comments about shoes being narrow. I have a moderately wide foot (43-44E) with a high instep, so typical uni-width shoes (for example: ECCO) are usually too tight across the top. Are your shoes sized for short/wide/high feet?

Edify Inc

Reaction score

I see comments about shoes being narrow.  I have a moderately wide foot (43-44E) with a high instep, so typical uni-width shoes (for example: ECCO) are usually too tight across the top.  Are your shoes sized for short/wide/high feet?

Our shoes are actually built on a standard E width last. Unfortunately, while we try and accomodate to most kinds of feet, it is near impossible to be able to cater to everyone as much as we want to.

Feedback from customers with high insteps and wider feet have been positive. If you wish, we can try to fit your to our shoes if you can provide us with a tracing and some measurements of your feet.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The lasts are pretty blobby, pedestrian and uninteresting. The leather quality looks ordinary as well. You would need to improve on this if you hoped to compete with what you see from Europe on SF IMO.

Edify Inc

Reaction score

The lasts are pretty blobby, pedestrian and uninteresting. The leather quality looks ordinary as well. You would need to improve on this if you hoped to compete with what you see from Europe on SF IMO.
Thank you for your comments! We are aware that we cannot be considered top of the range in terms of quality, however, considering our pricepoints, we are also not competing on that level. Our basic aim is to provide good quality shoes at reasonable prices. For us to produce shoes of a certain quality at a set price point, unfortunately there will be compromises. The only compromise we have made in our shoes is the source of our leathers, choosing to use South East Asian suppliers instead of European tanneries. We agree also that the current last shapes are "pedestrian", as you call it. That was the aim, to have our first collection in a neutral shape to be acceptable to a larger market. We cater mostly to the Asian market where tastes can still be conservative. This being our first collection, we are still learning on what is good and not. As for the shape being "blobby", it could be due to lousy camera skills on my part! I attach a few links with hopefully better pictures. Please note in our Custom Made gallery there are multiple last shapes being used. We do have a wide inventory of lasts and some more "fashionable" ones will be used in our next collection. Custom Made Bespoke Tumblr 2011 Catalogue Thank you once again for your feedback. We can only improve! Hopefully someday you would find our shoes worthy enough to buy. Cheers!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ed, the shoes look far better in person.. photography isnt doing the shapes nor finishes justice!

A top down photograph of the shoe, right side up, would probably show off the shoe better. Do it!

Edify Inc

Reaction score

Ed, the shoes look far better in person.. photography isnt doing the shapes nor finishes justice!
A top down photograph of the shoe, right side up, would probably show off the shoe better. Do it!

Hahaha, what can I say, man.. I'm a shoemaker not a photographer! I'll try my best! Meanwhile do check out the new link to our "professional" product shoot in the first post!

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your photo shoot is outrageous. Keep up the good work.

eyeofthetig3r

Reaction score
how do I go about making a purchase? I can't buy from the website and the company won't answer my emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads