• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

econo-contest=penny ante

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Jean- Wrangler 936DEN rigid
Ante/Prize- 5 USD thrown into a pot then given to the winner.
Duration 7/1/2009-2/1/2010

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I can talk to mauro and see if we can offer some sort of prize if this takes off

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you'd have a hard time selling the fit to most people here. A link over to Chucks Vintage thread on SuFu might help some because theres some killer pics of similar fits.

I'll go try a pair for the hell of it. I could wear clown pants to my current job and no one would say anything.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
There's no way in hell i'd wear rustlers unless i got some kind of construction/landscaping job but i almost want to consider it to to try to artificially create my own but i know i'm way too lazy. Sorry, man

I agree with the Free Credit Report guy, sorry.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
It doesn't HAVE to be rustlers. And there are too many STF contests already.

We could do Wrangler 936 DEN's for a better fit and stacking at 14-20$ a pop. Or something similar. I mean, I guess I am not looking to just Rustlers, as the fit isn't for everyone. Wrangler offers more wiggle room, and are about as readily available.

I just see jeans as jeans, and some are pieces of art and all... but there is also the 'utilatarian' wear the **** out of your jeans aspect. And I am of the mind that the fades have more potential on jeans people care less about since they've only spent 25$ on.

I can actually see you rocking the hell out of some rustlers Alex. The inseam is long enough you could work it in w/ your drapier fits. Call me crazy but...

So... Scratch Rustlers.

How about Wrangler 13 MWZ's (slim cowboy cut) or 936DEN's (slim straight)

I am open to suggestion. My gut first offering was based solely on the price not as much the fit. If better fitting,higher quality jeans exist at a 'working mans' price of no more than 35$ I would be down for that also.

Lachy

Reaction score
For $10 I'd be in, sure! $11 or whatever if we do the pot idea. I'd use them for skating mostly I'd expect. I just don't know where to get them in Australia.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you're going to find most people on SF are way, way too next level to wear rustlers. Wait 40 years until the japanese Rustler repros and vintage originals are going for $300 and we can have the contest then, that way it will be authentic work wear.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Did someone just turn on the 'total prick' signal?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
The Wrangler 936DEN comes as small as a 27 in the waist, and has inseams of up to 40.

Cavenders- 22.99
Sheplers-21.99
pfi western-22.99

I am just looking to find a jean that is 'unlimited edition', the same idea as the guys whose jeans we lust over on vintage photo blogs.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
robbie don't let the jean snobs who aren't going to be involved skew your ideas.

You know full well most people here aren't going to admit to even looking at $20 jeans even if they worked at McDonalds and lived with mom and dad. It's simply against the grain of what this forum is about, which is validation from strangers and ongoing groupthink.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am just looking to find a jean that is 'unlimited edition', the same idea as the guys whose jeans we lust over on vintage photo blogs.

You have to admit the idea of "work wear" aficionados ******** on actual work wear brands is funny.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'd be in on the 936DENs - don't Wranglers have kind of a funky blue color to them?

As for a sponsored contest, does Crane's carry any kind of rigid denim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads