eCigs / Vaping

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by javyn, Dec 12, 2013.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Njoy is garbage, but nonetheless, was my first e-cig and those managed to get me off of cigarettes. I find the Njoys a little underpowered, did you try the Red ones?

2. joelscott7

joelscott7 Senior member

What is the cost of a general setup?
    I am in Canada and we don't have vape stores and I'm not certain they sell these here. I was thinking of getting one for my brother. Are they pretty straight forward?

Thanks,
    Joel

3. Pennys Boat

Pennys Boat Member

they seem to be a pretty good way to quit. Of course they are not being marketed as an altnative to patched, but as an alternative to sustained smoking. And on that score, I could never see myself vaping

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Typical beginner's setup is an Ego-C battery and charger and Ego Clearomizer type tank. Online it should cost ya no more than 40 bucks, at a store no more than 70 (with a starter bottle of juice included).

That's US prices...not sure about Canada.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Since Obama banned my Cloves I've been illegally importing then or buying the "cigar" versions of them, but the e-cigs have a clove flavour and it is fantastic. So the 5 cloves I smoke a year have now been replaced by an e-cig clove. Fuck you Obama!

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

ever try something like the atmos raw?

what do you mean by "a positive difference in flavor"?

i miss smoking but i don't want to breath a bunch of carbon

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

My ecig is basically a hookah that's not addictive, it's dope (0nic). People that have never smoked borrow it off me at parties.

IMO get an MVP2 battery ($40) and some juice from the Vapor Chef (I recommend black pom pom). I quit nicotine entirely in a bit over 2 months.

http://101vape.com/vvvw/148-innokin-itaste-mvp-v20.html#/color-silver
    thevaporchef.com

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014

8. Wine Snob

Wine Snob Member

e-cigs are a dangerous line to cross.

It's a gateway thing to non-alcoholic beer and bringing home fake flowers for your blow up girlfriend...

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

enjoi your emphysema bruh

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

Halfway through my most recent 6mg batch (was at 12 mg before this order).

75ml left and then my next order will be nic free. After I finish 150ml nicotine free, I will probably give my kit away as the e-cig novelty is wearing off and I'd like to stop. Since dropping to 6mg, I noticed mild withdrawal for a few days but that went away, and the 6mg is now too strong for me the way 12mg became after a while. In short, I'm whittling down my nic consumption not because I have to to quit, but because I want to.

+1 on the MVP2. Great battery that removes the necessity for a resistance chart to make adjustments.

edit:

If you still want a chart though, here:

[​IMG]

edit 2:

While at 18 and 12mg dosages, I noticed my resting heart rate was a constant 100+ BPM. Since dropping to 6mg my resting rate has dropped to 75. Unfortunately when I was smoking cigs I didn't care enough to measure how nicotine affected my heart rate, so I can't compare it to when I was smoking.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Just picked one of these bad boys up for 39.99 as an impulse buy, glad I did. Best tasting vapes I've had yet; hear it's as close to rebuildable atomizer you can get without busting out with the kanthal wire and organic cotton and wrapping your own coil.

[​IMG]

The new Kanger dual coil heads are a vast improvement over the old. If you have a Kanger tank that uses the dual coils, make sure you only restock with the one I picture below, where the wicks are not visible.

[​IMG]

edit: Once my MVP2 burns out, I'm considering replacing with a ProVari, anyone have any experience with these? They are way more expensive, like 180 bucks, but they use an 18500 battery and look damn nice. This is Style Forum after all..

[​IMG]

edit 2: I have about 1 month left of my 6mg batch, and I'm finding that amount of nicotine is intolerable to me now. Next order will be nicotine free.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

ProVari isn't worth the extra cost. Ended up getting a Sigelei V5 (15 watt), and an Hcigar Caravela clone mechanical mod. w00t!

Sigelei V5 in gunmetal finish:

[​IMG]

Caravela clone:

[​IMG]

Running both of these with Efest 18650 high drain 2500mah batteries.

Mech mods don't allow you to adjust voltage or wattage, it fires whats in the battery. Time to bust out with the resistance chart! Should I ever decide to build my own coils for sub ohm dripping, all I need is a cheap dripper, cotton, and some kanthal wire and I'm set.

Happy vaping all.

edit: Vaping on my mech today. Got some 1.2 ohm coils for the Kanger, with the 4.2V battery that's giving me around 14 Watts of power. Delicious. This definitely is pushing me towards rebuildable atomizers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

15. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Running a kraken on top of a mirandus at .5 ohms with a cotton wick.