• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

eCigs / Vaping

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got an Ego-C / Vision clearomizer vaporizer and it has finally enabled me to kick the cig habit.

Has anyone else gotten into this? I was blown away at how easy it was to give up cigarettes once I got this. After a week of vaping, I tried a cigarette just to see what it would be like, and it was so disgusting (as well as unsatisfying since the vaporizer is such a better method of nicotine delivery), I couldn't even finish it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course I am. Just said I can't smoke a cigarette (or as they call them on the forums, "analogues") anymore because the vaporizer is a much better nic delivery system.

I intend to gradually lower the nic dosage in my oils.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just bought a Kanger Mini Protank v2. Nice heavy duty bottom coil made of pyrex so I don't have to worry about certain flavors like cinnamon or the really minty ones melting the plastic tanks, which they do.

Also dropped my nic dosage from 18mg (medium) to 12mg (smooth).

About to place an order at Mount Baker Vapor for:

30 ml bottle of "Thug Juice"

Hawk Sauce

Banana

all 12mg nic, with 1 extra flavor shot, 80% PG, 20% VG.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay MBV kicks ass. For the cheap price, the quality of these juices are great.

I got my Banana, Hawk Sauce and Thug Juice steeping right now for 3 weeks for maximum flavor.

Currently working on a 15ml freebie bottle of Cucumber Mint flavor they sent me, which is amazing itself.

Also, for anyone interested in a starter kit....I can't recommend the Kanger Mini Protank v2 enough. Many aren't fans of the stainless steel drip tip it comes with, but you can replace it with acrylic if you wanted (I actually like the stainless).

Also, the bottom coil and pyrex tank really help bring out the flavor of the juice.

Still using my Ego-C 650mah battery. I thought about upgrading to an 1100mah...but no need, my 650 has no problem making it through the day on one charge.

I'm sure I'm not the only vaper here, what are some of your kits and mods guys?

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I caught the bug. Was gifted an Innokin MVP and VV variable wattage mods. Now I need a bigger thank to put on it. I'm thinking a Kanger Aerotank is the best way to go, unless I get a wild hair to get a Kayfun or Russian 91% that would require me to build my own coils to run my own cotton or silica wicks through.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is wrong with you? Or do you work for these companies?
Doesn't sound like it.

1. I have been cig free since December 2nd with no desire to pick them up again. That's what's wrong with me.

2. I don't work for these companies, no.

3. I've already lowered my nicotine dosage from 18mg per ml, to 12mg....my order coming in the mail right now has been dropped down to 6mg. At this rate I will be at 0 nicotine by June.

4. If you or anyone else has any serious questions, I'd be glad to answer. I am by far not alone in using vaporizers to break my nic addiction; vapor lounges have spread incredibly quickly the last couple of months, from SoHo, all the way down to here in Houston.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yes, my Kanger Aerotank is on order, if anyone cares, I can review it here after I use it a while. If not, I'll keep discussion on this topic in general limited to www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette

Last edited:

Gogo7

Reaction score
Yeah it would be great if you can review it. Just wondering how much nicotine does these e-cigs have comparing to a regular cigarette ?
visit this site https://www.swisscubancigars.com/

Thanks

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah it would be great if you can review it. Just wondering how much nicotine does these e-cigs have comparing to a regular cigarette ?

Thanks

It should arrive today, will post an honest review. As far as nic levels....that's not an easy question to answer, at all. You choose the dosages of your nic, 36mg (yikes most stores don't even sell it that high, but some do), 24mg, 18mg, 12mg, 6mg.

Most stores equate 24mg to Marlboro Reds, and 6mg to Marlboro Lights...but it's really going to depend on what kind of tank you have, and what kind of battery as well. If you get a high dosage of nic in a small, Ego type system, it's going to seem like much less than if you get a fancy mod setup with a huge tank that allows you to take massive hits, even at a low level like 6mg.

My best advice, is go to a brick and mortar store, and have them let you try the different nic levels. Also keep in mind, you may be vaping more than you are used to smoking. I found that to be the case with myself. At work I had 10AM and 3PM smoke breaks....now, I sit at my desk and vape whenever the hell I want.

edit: As far as gear goes, this is the setup I'd rec for a beginner...

Tank:

Kanger Protank Mini 2

Takes regular Kanger heads (each coil head lasts 1-2 weeks, costs about 2 bucks a piece or less if you get off brand from China)

Tank is pyrex....very important because many ecig juices will crack/melt plastic tanks

Battery

Innokin Itaste VV version 3.0

800mah capacity

threaded for both 510 and Ego type atomizers (which means you can stick any tank on that battery that you want, except for rebuildable sub-ohm atomizers...but if you find yourself in that situation you have far surpassed the realm of beginner)

Big selling point: Not only can you adjust the voltage...this bad boy will automatically detect the resistance of your coils in ohms, then automatically adjust to the appropriate voltage to get the wattage you desire. No more looking at voltage/ohm charts to get the best vape.

Most folks will just get the small pen-sized Ego-C battery, and a cheap Ego clearomizer. Likely that's what you've seen people using if you've seen anyone vape. Nothing wrong with that, but you'll find yourself moving up to something better anyway, and I think that VV and Mini 2 are a SWEET startup combo. Could be the only setup you ever need to buy.

This is an Itaste VV with a Kanger Mini 1 tank. Only difference between the Mini 1 and Mini 2 is that the 2 has a removable drip tip, in case you don't like taking hits from metal. Compatible with any 510 drip tip.

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all over the place here in SoCal. Vape shops are popping up all over the place, so often that I wonder how the market can support it. People also don't seem concerned at all if their vaporizer looks like a cigarette or not. I think it's a way they can show people that they won't reek like "real" smokers.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've tried ecigs and don't get the appeal of them.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been using the Kanger AeroTank a few days now. LOVE it. I was worried about the dual coil heads being gimmicky, but I actually do notice a positive difference in flavor when I crank the wattage up.

No leaks, no gurgling, all the issues with prior Kanger tanks seem to have been solved with this one.

You can definitely do better than an AeroTank...you can get a Nautilus, but the coil heads cost twice as much, or you can get a rebuildable atomizer, but you'd then have to build your own coils.

I started out wanting one that most closely resembled a real cig, until I realized those are dinky and taste like crap. When you get a real tank, even a cheap little Ego clone, the whole game changes right there.

Only drawback to me is that sometimes the airflow control valve gets stuck while screwing/unscrewing the tank from the battery, but that's not a big deal to me so long as I remember to be careful not to grab that valve when I attach and remove the tank.

I've tried ecigs and don't get the appeal of them.

What setup did you try specifically?

Last edited:

AllieS

Reaction score
I bought NJOY from the store and also a more expensive ecig. I just can not get hooked on them. I do not enjoy them as much as a regular smoke

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.