• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebbets Cap Group Buy??

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like we're approaching critical mass for the gray hat. I asked EFF about shipping, it will be $25 to ship to me then I will have to distribute. I will probably take an additional $2 to cover packaging so total for you all will be $25 + shipping. Sounds like a pretty awesome deal to me.

I'm down for getting black/black in addition to gray but I don't want one order to cannibalize the other. Seems like there is demand there so far but maybe not enough to get 24.

In terms of design, they only offer one gray which is a heather flannel:

Here are the straps, I prefer the darker brown but would be fine with the lighter. I think the tan color posted earlier is a one-off.

For the undervisor the default is satin green, as alternatives I'm fine with either of these three (would have to confirm they are available):

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I agree about the Black--let's keep it separate.

I vote darker leather band, and either gray or olive undervisor. Def not satin green.

Rommel

Reaction score
How are we gonna do this? Add another column to the google doc to vote for the strap color (light or dark) and undervisor color (charcoal, olive, burgundy)?

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Nate should just pick which one he wants and we need to deal with it since he's dealing with all the organizing and shipping. :foo:

ptrin002

Reaction score
I like the red undervisor the most and second choice is gray. not too fond of green

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the under visor, I would think the gray is perfect. Even better if it's a darker tone of gray to accentuate the outer Heather gray color

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on letting Nate choose.

Excited to get this. My one EFF hat is an 8 panel and, while I like the design in theory, the shape of the soft bill varies so much with each wear and looks awkward half the time. Plus the crown is a little too shallow. I'm hoping the 5 panel works out better.

Last edited:

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the under visor, I would think the gray is perfect. Even better if it's a darker tone of gray to accentuate the outer Heather gray color

My thoughts as well, olive would be awesome but I think charcoal suits the overall design and should appeal to everyone. I'm making an executive decision to get the darker brown strap.

I've never done a group buy so I'm not sure how payment typically works. Do people usually pay up front? I don't mind fronting some money in this case because these things are pretty liquid.

Last edited:

Leather

Reaction score
I suggest you take money up front. It'll be a pain to collect money later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads