eBayer seller warning: Prayerwarrior02

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CBDB, Mar 7, 2007.

1. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

Bought a pair of Incotex pants (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...0310&rd=1&rd=1) and listed as Medium Weight, quarter lined. Get rammed with $18 shipping charges after explicit assurances that this is vendors actual costs no handling charges. Pants arrive and are nice but...fully lined, arctic weight with the tags cut-out.
    I respond to seller with request to return...ages later Vendor agrees to accept return and, on my insistence, promises to provide complete refund (including shipping). Pants are returned to vendor and one day after the Paypal 45-day dispute expirery window, the vendor refunds auction price but keeps shipping fees. I have now escalated to eBay but am not hopeful and now know this seller to play the tit-for-tat feedback game.
    Sooooooo....
    [1] DON"T BUY FROM THIS SKANK!; and [​IMG]
    [2] Any ideas on what else I can do?

2. Badrabbit

Badrabbit Active Member

Bought a pair of Incotex pants (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...0310&rd=1&rd=1) and listed as Medium Weight, quarter lined. Get rammed with $18 shipping charges after explicit assurances that this is vendors actual costs no handling charges. Pants arrive and are nice but...fully lined, arctic weight with the tags cut-out.
    I respond to seller with request to return...ages later Vendor agrees to accept return and, on my insistence, promises to provide complete refund (including shipping). Pants are returned to vendor and one day after the Paypal 45-day dispute expirery window, the vendor refunds auction price but keeps shipping fees. I have now escalated to eBay but am not hopeful and now know this seller to play the tit-for-tat feedback game.
    Sooooooo....
    [1] DON"T BUY FROM THIS SKANK!; and [​IMG]
    [2] Any ideas on what else I can do?

You are not the first. I have seen that seller come up more than once.

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

His stuff always irks me too because he advertises clearly used or old stuff as nwot. I bought some ties a few years ago from him that had stains on the back.

It also irks me that he brings a religous tone to his auctions and is clearly lying.

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I also own a stained (new) tie courtesy of this seller.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

It also irks me that he brings a religous tone to his auctions and is clearly lying.

That's hilarious.

6. Patrick06790

Patrick06790 Senior member

I think he's a she. I bought something two summers ago (forgot what), never received it, and seller blamed it all on Hurricane Katrina, which was annoying but creative.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Maybe "prayerwarrior" means if you win one of his auctions you'd better pray hard.

I've seen his auctions all along and always been put off by his low feedback %. Using religion to promote yourself and then not to deliver irks me particularly as well.

8. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'd never buy from anyone with such dismal feedback.

9. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

LOL.

10. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

If any seller on Ebay has less than a 99% positive Feedback, I check with Toolhaus.org

You could have saved yourself the troubles that you had:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

As to this particular seller, I've noticed her auctions for a while! It's funny that all of her items are "mint", but as you see in her feedback, many buyers don't think so. I don't think there's any chance that you will get your shipping costs reimbursed.

She also has relatively high starting prices. When she gets the occasional quality item (Brioni, Kiton, RLPL, etc), she has a high start price and tries to get one bidder. If the item doesn't sell, she just keeps re-listing.

There's nothing wrong with that. But I think it's more appropriate with quality items from a quality seller. It's really a roll of the dice with her. And her business plan seems to be, throw some "S***" on the wall and hope that some of it sticks!

I guess it would be possible to get a really quality item from her at a great price, but why take a chance when there are very reputable Ebay sellers, even of pre-worn items.

11. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Prayerwarrior has a high % of negatives. They number in the hundreds.

Both yellow flags.

On the upside, toolhaus.org is an interesting tool....I'd never heard of it.

12. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

In my life, I've found that one wearing his/her religion on his/her sleeves (whatever religion it is) is a slam-dunk sign of dubious moral character. With a name like "prayerwarrior," I'm quite shocked that any of you didn't expect this kind of behavior.

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

On the upside, toolhaus.org is an interesting tool....I'd never heard of it.
    Really? It's been around for a while. Someone brings it up on this board and/or AAAC every 3 or 4 months.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

I too have had a bad experience with this seller. I'll never bid on the seller's items again, regardless of the item.

15. Nicesuit

Nicesuit Senior member

Yeah, I'm involved with trying to get a refund on a suit she put wrong measurements up for myself. After seeing this, this skank won't be putting me off until there's no way of doing anything. I'm glad you posted. Do NOT use!