• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay warning: Allen Edmonds seller eulogeo7777

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd pass along a word of warning about an eBay seller, eulogeo7777, who's selling Allen Edmonds shoes as "New: In Box"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9073&rd=1&rd=1

I received my shoes today, only to discover that they are covered with substantial scuffs--not one or two, which you might expect from jostling during shipping, but at least a dozen per shoe. At best, these were a much-abused floor sample; at worst, a defect or second from an outlet or discounter. Nothing in the listing indicates their poor condition, and thus far, the seller has not been repsonsive to my requests for a return.

I post this only to warn those of you who are watching or bidding on the many other AEs he has listed.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried to polish them yet because I'm still trying to appeal to the seller's sense of fairness. Several of them look pretty serious, & I'm not convinced they'll polish out.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the condition of the soles? Can you post a photo of the scuffing?

whomewhat

Reaction score
The pictures used in all of the listings by this seller appears to be from the manufacturers website, and are not the actual shoes being sold. I always stay away from sellers who do not present the actual item. I know, some will say they do not have a camera or do not know how to take good pictures, but in those cases a seller should also state that the picture used is NOT the actual item you are getting. Looking at that picture, I would definintely have expected a perfect shoe, as the picture shows.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The soles are in good shape; one of them has some minor wear. Unfortunately, I'm without a camera right now, so I can't post photos.

I really just want to warn people who might be bidding on or watching these auctions in case they expect (as I did) to receive shoes in mint condition.

spence

Reaction score
This is certianly a problem...

I'm in a dispute with an ebay seller right now over a fountain pen. The pictures of the pen they used were of a version costing twice as much as what they shipped. The written description could have covered either version.

Like this auction the seller has a positive but low feedback...something to think about for sure.

Given the description, I would have expected these shoes to be new with minimal markings.

-spence

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spence--Funny you should mention that--the only other time I've had to dispute an eBay item based on an incorrect description (and I am hoping to avoid the formal dispute process with this seller, but so far it doesn't look good) was when I bought an Omas fountain pen. The seller used a photo of a Paragon (the largest size), but sent a Dama (the smallest). Ultimately, he ignored all of my emails, but Paypal refunded my money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics