Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ebay Today: Isaia, Sulka, Oxxford

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tuerney1, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

There seemed to be some interesting stuff on ebay today. This suit by Isaia I thought had some promise, especially at $199. Don't think I would have worn it as a summer suit, personally, but the jacket would make a great sportcoat and the pants interesting odd trousers, I think, for the country or the club maybe. It was a little too big for me, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:EF:US:11

[​IMG]

I did manage to to find an overcoat and a tux that should fit. [​IMG]

Oxxford Super 150s tux (midnight blue, 44R):

[​IMG]

Sulka cashmere topcoat (44R):

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I think I passed my budget for the day. [​IMG]

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

That Isaia suit is out there! [​IMG]

3. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

That Isaia suit is out there! [​IMG]

Yes and I love it. I wouldn't have the courage to wear it, but whenever I see a person wearing something that crazy with nonchalence it is the epitomy of style.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I can't say I do. [​IMG] Those last two items are great finds, especially the dinner suit in midnight blue.

5. Tuerney1

Yes and I love it. I wouldn't have the courage to wear it, but whenever I see a person wearing something that crazy with nonchalence it is the epitomy of style.

It makes me think of Kramer...in a good way. The jacket by itself, at least. [​IMG]

Thanks. It was at the limit of my budget (just under $600), but I think they run $3K retail (even though the tags say $4900...I'll never understand retail pricing [​IMG] ). The sulka topcoat was a steal, though, at $100, especially being 100% cashmere...so by spending more, I saved more. [​IMG]

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

yeah, i saw that oxxford midnight tux. if it was a 42L, you would have had to fight me for it.

great purchases.

7. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

That may be the single ugliest suit I have seen since 1974 and the days of patterned double knit polyester.

Perry

8. Tuerney1

[​IMG]

Actually, I thought it was kind of fun...and ugly in a jaunty way (speaking of the jacket as an odd piece...not the suit *shudder*).

Reminded me a bit of some of the higher end 70s sportscoats and offerings from places like Pucci and some of the British sportswear makers during that time. [​IMG]

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

[​IMG]
    There seemed to be some interesting stuff on ebay today. This suit by Isaia I thought had some promise, especially at $199. Don't think I would have worn it as a summer suit, personally, but the jacket would make a great sportcoat and the pants interesting odd trousers, I think, for the country or the club maybe. It was a little too big for me, though.

I did manage to to find an overcoat and a tux that should fit. [​IMG]

Oxxford Super 150s tux (midnight blue, 44R):

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I think I passed my budget for the day. [​IMG]

So you're the one who bought my tuxedo! %[email protected]#%$#%$# [​IMG]

Just kidding. I didn't have the cash for it anyway; you saved me $600. Let us know what you think when you get it. It looked gorgeous. Of course, if it doesn't fit...