Ebay Today: Isaia, Sulka, Oxxford

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tuerney1, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

There seemed to be some interesting stuff on ebay today. This suit by Isaia I thought had some promise, especially at $199. Don't think I would have worn it as a summer suit, personally, but the jacket would make a great sportcoat and the pants interesting odd trousers, I think, for the country or the club maybe. It was a little too big for me, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:EF:US:11

[​IMG]

I did manage to to find an overcoat and a tux that should fit. [​IMG]

Oxxford Super 150s tux (midnight blue, 44R):

[​IMG]

Sulka cashmere topcoat (44R):

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I think I passed my budget for the day. [​IMG]

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

That Isaia suit is out there! [​IMG]

3. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

That Isaia suit is out there! [​IMG]

Yes and I love it. I wouldn't have the courage to wear it, but whenever I see a person wearing something that crazy with nonchalence it is the epitomy of style.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I can't say I do. [​IMG] Those last two items are great finds, especially the dinner suit in midnight blue.

5. Tuerney1

Yes and I love it. I wouldn't have the courage to wear it, but whenever I see a person wearing something that crazy with nonchalence it is the epitomy of style.

It makes me think of Kramer...in a good way. The jacket by itself, at least. [​IMG]

Thanks. It was at the limit of my budget (just under $600), but I think they run $3K retail (even though the tags say $4900...I'll never understand retail pricing [​IMG] ). The sulka topcoat was a steal, though, at $100, especially being 100% cashmere...so by spending more, I saved more. [​IMG]

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

yeah, i saw that oxxford midnight tux. if it was a 42L, you would have had to fight me for it.

great purchases.

7. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

That may be the single ugliest suit I have seen since 1974 and the days of patterned double knit polyester.

Perry

8. Tuerney1

[​IMG]

Actually, I thought it was kind of fun...and ugly in a jaunty way (speaking of the jacket as an odd piece...not the suit *shudder*).

Reminded me a bit of some of the higher end 70s sportscoats and offerings from places like Pucci and some of the British sportswear makers during that time. [​IMG]

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

[​IMG]
    There seemed to be some interesting stuff on ebay today. This suit by Isaia I thought had some promise, especially at $199. Don't think I would have worn it as a summer suit, personally, but the jacket would make a great sportcoat and the pants interesting odd trousers, I think, for the country or the club maybe. It was a little too big for me, though.

I did manage to to find an overcoat and a tux that should fit. [​IMG]

Oxxford Super 150s tux (midnight blue, 44R):

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I think I passed my budget for the day. [​IMG]

So you're the one who bought my tuxedo! %$@#%$#%$# [​IMG]

Just kidding. I didn't have the cash for it anyway; you saved me $600. Let us know what you think when you get it. It looked gorgeous. Of course, if it doesn't fit...