ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

This could be one of those "fat fingers" bargains. Seller is advertising four different coloured "Relph Luaren" Cashmere jumpers. Assuming they are genuine, this could be a good bargain that escapes the usual searches.

Ralph Lauren sweater

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

This could be one of those "fat fingers" bargains. Seller is advertising four different coloured "Relph Luaren" Cashmere jumpers. Assuming they are genuine, this could be a good bargain that escapes the usual searches.

Ralph Lauren sweater

That does not look genuine to me. I don't think I've ever seen a Ralph Lauren sweater with a pony on the lable. Relph Luaren, maybe.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

5. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

Nice deal on an Isaia jacket (could be a suit jacket but the fabric texture would probably make a good sportscoat). Euro 50 so prob not 42/44 as advertised in auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

FYI-I just checked with seller, jacket is ventless.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

FYI-I just checked with seller, jacket is ventless.

A ventless Isaia? [​IMG] what is the world coming to?

7. gvibes

gvibes Senior member

Dont talk like "you should" as you are not qualified to do so, sir. How do you know i wont pay the seller insertion fee if he fails to prove its authenticity? (as long as I dont see for sure its fake). Does ebay set up the rule ANY QUESTIONS must be asked before bidding? Asking abt authenticity is quite reasonalbe if the seller claims their item is authentic. Besides im not a picky buyer. I understand ppl might have lost receipts or sth. But there must be sth that is convincable, as long as it is authentic.
    By bidding on an item, you agree to pay for it as described. You have no right to require additional information before payment after you have already won the auction. This is IMO, of course. EDIT: So, I agree with marc.

8. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

By bidding on an item, you agree to pay for it as described. You have no right to require additional information before payment after you have already won the auction.

This is IMO, of course.

EDIT: So, I agree with marc.

I don't agree. The suit is decribed as a Dior suit, and the contract is made on the basis that the suit is authentic. If the suit is not authentic then the seller is in breach of contract, plain and simple. I see nothing wrong with confirming authenticity, which is a condition that the SELLER needs to fufill, not the buyer, prior to payment.

9. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I don't agree. The suit is decribed as a Dior suit, and the contract is made on the basis that the suit is authentic. If the suit is not authentic then the seller is in breach of contract, plain and simple. I see nothing wrong with confirming authenticity, which is a condition that the SELLER needs to fufill, not the buyer, prior to payment.

Questions after you have won an auction is a subject with different views.

Something similar happened to me and this thread resulted.

Some people believe that it is proper to ask questions after the auction and some do not.

10. marc237

marc237 Senior member

If the purchaser finds it to not be as described AFTER payment, the buyer has remedies. However, the law does not permit the buyer to repudiate after contract formation but before payment unless the buyer has a bona fide and reasonable belief that the item is not as described. The burden is on the buyer and not the seller at that point. I realize people may have different opinions or subjective views, but the contract law around this issue is rather black letter.

11. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

If the purchaser finds it to not be as described AFTER payment, the buyer has remedies. However, the law does not permit the buyer to repudiate after contract formation but before payment unless the buyer has a bona fide and reasonable belief that the item is not as described. The burden is on the buyer and not the seller at that point. I realize people may have different opinions or subjective views, but the contract law around this issue is rather black letter.

Well then I suppose that's the issue and more facts are needed. But given the preponderance of fake luxury goods on ebay I still think the buyer might be in the driver's seat.

But what do I know? I'm one of those lowlifes that puts pedophiles back on the streets. Oh, and protects the civil rights of everyone else. [​IMG]

12. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

Ralph Lauren sweater

Definitely a fake. RL size tags don't look like that, and their pinned tags are never white.

13. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

That does not look genuine to me. I don't think I've ever seen a Ralph Lauren sweater with a pony on the lable. Relph Luaren, maybe.

If you check his/her feedback, 5 completed fake sweater sales with positive feedback!

Curious, does the fact that these are advertised as "Relph Luaren" absolve him/her of mis-representation?

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Nice to know. Thanks for the guidance.

I would not have bid anyway - didn't like the colours.