ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

+1,00000000

Agree, but lots of indications that it is authentic in feedback.

2. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

thanks guys. I saw his feedback history and found many very experienced ebayers who have dealt w/ him.

I asked the seller to provide the tag, or receipt or sth. no reply yet.[​IMG]

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

thanks guys. I saw his feedback history and found many very experienced ebayers who have dealt w/ him.

I asked the seller to provide the tag, or receipt or sth. no reply yet.[​IMG]

Still, you should have asked any questions prior to the bid.

4. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

^ asked several times. he just never replied. besides saw it when less than one day left.

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

^ asked several times. he just never replied. besides saw it when less than one day left.

Badseeds,
    You might want to read this thread about questions after an Ebay auction. I won a camera and then I Emailed a question just to confirm something.

Here's the thread

See what you think. People have different views of what is proper after an auction ends.

6. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

^ thanks man.

I will just pay if the seller said "please ask any questions before bidding" . many sellers do that. Otherwise i think i have the right to ask questions after winning the item.

The seller has claimed it is authentic. It is not hard for him to show me its authentic. I am not asking that he must show me the receipt. ppl might have lost receipts.
    I will always be happy to do so if im the seller.

If he sells fakes, there's no way I should be honest w/ him, since he's the first one who doesnt respect honesty.

Thats just for me.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

nevermind.

8. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

not to beat a dead horse but:

>>
    I will just pay if the seller said "please ask any questions before bidding" . many sellers do that. Otherwise i think i have the right to ask questions after winning the item.
    >>

There should be no difference in your behavior between auctions conducted by sellers that state "please ask any questions before bidding" and those that don't. You should ask all your questions before the auction ends.

I agree, you have the right to ask about authenticity. But what if the seller can't meet your authenticity requirements but could have met someone elses? You removed the opportunity for the natural match between the buyer and the seller and the seller may have lose his insertion fees.

9. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

10. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

12. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Here we have an auction for a Tyrwhitt shirt with nine hours to go and no picture. Nothing but a written description of the shirt's colors. And it's in Singapore. Yet there are already two bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

And shipping from Singapore to the US is $10!

He must be an efficient shipper.

13. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

not to beat a dead horse but:

>>
    >>

There should be no difference in your behavior between auctions conducted by sellers that state "please ask any questions before bidding" and those that don't. You should ask all your questions before the auction ends.

I agree, you have the right to ask about authenticity. But what if the seller can't meet your authenticity requirements but could have met someone elses? You removed the opportunity for the natural match between the buyer and the seller and the seller may have lose his insertion fees.

Dont talk like "you should" as you are not qualified to do so, sir.

How do you know i wont pay the seller insertion fee if he fails to prove its authenticity? (as long as I dont see for sure its fake).

Does ebay set up the rule ANY QUESTIONS must be asked before bidding? Asking abt authenticity is quite reasonalbe if the seller claims their item is authentic. Besides im not a picky buyer. I understand ppl might have lost receipts or sth. But there must be sth that is convincable, as long as it is authentic.

I have worked out things like this since high school, perfectly. So dont talk like that, please. As long as ppl are not selling fakes on ebay, why do they care so much about questions regarding authenticity?

EDITED: I admit i hate ppl who sell fakes, anywhere. They shouldnt have the same rights as other sellers do.

14. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Sorry, but one ought resolve questions of authenticity and any other issue prior to bidding, not after. The situation you pose is no different than going into a consignment shop and contracting to purchase a consigned item and then ask questions only after the signature is dry on the contract.

Here, while the seller would likely not sue you for the difference between the price you agreed to pay and the price he may ultimately sell it for (if less), he would have a great case if he chose to do so. It is the buyer's responsibility to satisfy him or herself as to the acceptability of the item prior to bidding, irrespective of whether that announcement is posted to ebay's site. Indeed, the ebay site makes clear that "Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase."

15. Seersucker

Seersucker Active Member

If the seller does claim that it is authentic, pay via PayPal and check it out once you receive it. If you get it and it's a fake, file a claim.

Bought a suit which was said to be a 100% wool RLPL, but when it arrived it was definitely not 100% wool and definitely not RLPL. I contacted the seller and when he was slow to respond, filed a claim with PayPal and Ebay.

Got my money back, so that's the worst you can do.