1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

2. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

I'm always having trouble matching ties to my shirts. Do you guys think this might be a good idea?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brioni-RARE-mens...QQcmdZViewItem

Wear that with a patchwork madras shirt, patchwork pants, and patchwork madras jacket and enter it into the kent wang pattern contest.

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Wear that with a patchwork madras shirt, patchwork pants, and patchwork madras jacket and enter it into the kent wang pattern contest.

I'm sure it'll go well with a black suit. [​IMG]

5. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

However, the $29 shipping costs to Canada have killed my enthusiasm somewhat.

Yikes. What's up with that? Shipping to Canada isn't that much, especially for something like a tie.

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Corneliani Navy Sport Coat 42R (52 EU) @ $39.99 with 5 hours left (seller put wrong size on title & description)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Corneliani-Mens-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks more like an orphaned suit coat than a sort coat, no?

8. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

$3000 BELTRAMI By BRIONI Tan 100% Linen Suit 46R ITALY

Is anyone familiar with Beltrami? What is the connection to Brioni?

[​IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1677&rd=1&rd=1

The tags look like Brioni. If it was a L we'd be fighting [​IMG]

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

The tags look like Brioni. If it was a L we'd be fighting [​IMG]
    [​IMG] The tag on the left? Shit. I knew that looked familiar. I passed up a couple nice jackets that had that style inner tag, but no other tags on the piece. Really nice looking jackets. Well-made. When I first picked them off the rack, I thought "Saint Andrews" Maybe they'll still be there this week.

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

[​IMG]

The tag on the left?

Shit. I knew that looked familiar. I passed up a couple nice jackets that had that style inner tag, but no other tags on the piece. Really nice looking jackets. Well-made. When I first picked them off the rack, I thought "Saint Andrews"

Maybe they'll still be there this week.

I'm hardly an expert on Brioni but that tag looks like it.

12. mano

mano Senior member

Beltrami is a mid level men's clothing store on Long Island that carries items "from t-shirts to tuxedos". They sell their own brand but this is not made by Brioni.

13. Drizabone

Drizabone Well-Known Member

May I ask how it is that one can be sure either way about Brioni made in this case. There seems to be a view from some members that it looks like Brioni, and an emphatic nay from another. It seems rather silly of the seller to make a claim that can be easily disproved. Or is the point that it is difficult to establish either way?

That said, how can the inexperienced avoid a fake Brioni.

14. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

It can be easily proved, but not disproved. Among other things the size tag, detailing around the inside pockets and the anti-slip lining inside the pant waistband are all distinctly Brioni. No one else uses those exact details.

That being said the suit looks fairly vintage.

15. timeless

timeless Senior member

Beltrami is a store in Florence which manufactures and sells their own rather high end shoes and leather apparel. They also carry a limited selection of clothing that they do not manufacture but relabel so it's definitely possible that the suit was made for them by Brioni.

16. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

Beltrami is a store in Florence which manufactures and sells their own rather high end shoes and leather apparel. They also carry a limited selection of clothing that they do not manufacture but relabel so it's definitely possible that the suit was made for them by Brioni.

Beltrami, Florence:
    http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...erty_id=315860

Beltrami, Great Neck, NY [​IMG]
    http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil..._clothing.html

Seems it can be both.

17. mano

mano Senior member

18. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Damn, I coulda had a Brion!

But instead, you didn't pay $200+ for a used linen suit. I think you won this round.

Something I happened to see that caught my eye was this 60s-looking Abercrombie & Fitch dinner jacket: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Abercrom...QQcmdZViewItem

My size except for the stumpy legs, but I don't need one.

19. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

But instead, you didn't pay $200+ for a used linen suit. I think you won this round.

Something I happened to see that caught my eye was this 60s-looking Abercrombie & Fitch dinner jacket: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Abercrom...QQcmdZViewItem

My size except for the stumpy legs, but I don't need one.

Interesting. So somewhere between being an outfitter and being the brand of choice for mall douchebags, Abercrombie was a full-fledged clothier?