• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Nothing dated about the suit, looks fairly current. Used Samuelsohn suits are an extreme bargain on Ebay. Note that the sleeves have working buttonholes, and there appears to be something funny going on w/ the material at the end of the sleeve cuffs (too much material), so you should ask the seller what the sleeve length is from the shoulder to 1.5" past the last buttonhole.

Could it be because he says the sleeve length is 23.3" with 2" to let out? Perhaps that's just the extra 2" tucked in?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=305

Ah Yes, barismenswear, quite the seller

This guy has zero integrity but that doesn't mean that this is not a good value.

This Oxxford suit is very dated, probably from the 1980s. But being an Oxxford, it could work for someone(since their styling changes very little). And since it had a low start price it might sell for a low final price.

As usual the seller has hyped/lied about his product. Most assuredly, the suit is not a super 100s fabric (since that designation didn't exist when this suit was made!). And it probably is not a single pleat pant, but a flat front pant with the classic Oxxford dart. This might be an honest mistake.

In short, if the end price is low enough, you might get a good value with this seller, but it's in spite of his hype and BS.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the deal with these italy-based sellers, and their huge shipping costs? I wish one of these f*ckers would just sell everything to a USA seller, so we wouldn't be overpaying so much.

I might be able to squeeze $300 for a shirt or pull XXX for a suit, but that's my limit, can't pay so much for shipping on top of that!!

http://stores.ebay.com/luxuryyclothing

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
what's the deal with these italy-based sellers, and their huge shipping costs? I wish one of these f*ckers would just sell everything to a USA seller, so we wouldn't be overpaying so much.

I might be able to squeeze $300 for a shirt or pull XXX for a suit, but that's my limit, can't pay so much for shipping on top of that!!

http://stores.ebay.com/luxuryyclothing

Well all the shirts are OBO; put in an offer of $250 and then it'll be <$300 even with shipping.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, found during a BIN search for 'Brioni Suit': http://cgi.ebay.com/DOG-AND-HIS-BRIO...QQcmdZViewItem "he's got a kick-ass ITALIAN suit, a hanging pair of testicles and title to the Brooklyn Bridge" "A Zegna tie and fleshy balls rounds out the look." "I am going through therapy to 'modify' something some idiot judge claims is wrong with me."

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
LOL, found during a BIN search for 'Brioni Suit':

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOG-AND-HIS-BRIO...QQcmdZViewItem

"he's got a kick-ass ITALIAN suit, a hanging pair of testicles and title to the Brooklyn Bridge"

"A Zegna tie and fleshy balls rounds out the look."

"I am going through therapy to 'modify' something some idiot judge claims is wrong with me."

This is my favourite eBay auction EVER! Thank you far sharing it.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's a NWT Black Label sportcoat in the coveted 38R for $295 BIN. The pics do it no favors, but I believe I own the same coat and I like it quite a bit. Pair it with a skinny solid tie for a retro, pursuing-Goldfinger-through-the-Alps look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-129...QQcmdZViewItem

Black Label tends to run slim, so I'm kinda surprised that the chest measurement is as large as it is. Might ask the seller to doublecheck.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a suit that belonged to golfer Fuzzy Zoeller:

ed44_12.JPG

Here's the Ebay listing

I Emailed the seller and she does report that the suit has fried chicken and collard greens in the pockets
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads