ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well I purchased it. However I just realized after sending funds I have already purchased it once from a board member Jonnydrama along with a Belvest coat. I never received either and he claimed the items never made it back to him. Being nieve and a good person I accepted to take half of the loss. We will see how this pans out. I requested my money back for the Belvest which he obviously has[​IMG] This kind of sh*t pisses me off[​IMG]

FWIW, I bought a pair of jeans from jonnydrama from the B&S forum. The jeans never arrived and were thought to have been "lost" in the mail with no insurance. I offered to split to loss, but heard nothing back via PM after several attempts. Hope you fair better.

2. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

FWIW, I bought a pair of jeans from jonnydrama from the B&S forum. The jeans never arrived and were thought to have been "lost" in the mail with no insurance. I offered to split to loss, but heard nothing back via PM after several attempts. Hope you fair better.

These aren't your jeans, are they? You can try and buy them again if you like.

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Holy SHIT! Will somebody stop this guy?

4. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

I think the only reason he is offering to settle with Kali77 is that his 100% eBay feedback is now at risk.

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

All consumers should protest when sellers disclaim responsibility for delivery. To insure or not to insure is strictly their business.

It sure looks like this guy preyed on buyers who declined insurance -- like that's some kind of loophole that gets him off the hook for delivery. Reminds me of the girl who went on Judge Judy for selling pictures of new cellphones for $200.

6. fredrik80

fredrik80 Senior member

WTF! I bought the earnest sewn jeans yesterday from him, i paid by paypal. Well if they dont arrive i'll just do a chargeback directly with the creditcard company and get my money back. With all the other cases floating around i wont hesitate to chargeback if they turn up "Lost in the mail"

But i'll give him the chance to deliver them though as im guaranteed my money back if i chargeback,

7. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

its too bad scum like this ruins the fun bargin shopping experience on the forum

8. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

What a goof. I agree with the above advice re: the seller bears the loss if a package is lost, whether or not insurance is offered or purchased.

I never, ever pay for insurance. If you sell to me, and the package gets lost, I will ask for a refund; if you do not give me a refund, I will do a chargeback. It's that simple.

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

What a goof. I agree with the above advice re: the seller bears the loss if a package is lost, whether or not insurance is offered or purchased.

You'll get varied responses from different people on this issue but what I do is pretty much never use insurance, I find Priority Mail with delivery confirmation to be as safe and secure as I need it to be. I think I've had two cases of packages being lost and I simply offer to refund the money or replace the item with something else. I could sit there and fight and say the buyer never paid for the insurance, but I find that the goodwill is more valuable than the $100 or so that I'll be out. Now for items that are more valuable, say $400 and up, I'll simply add the cost of the insurance into my sales price. If I take a lower offer, I'll add the insurance anyway as I am buying peace of mind for me, not the buyer. All that being said, I also understand the sellers who do not offer insurance unless the buyer pays for it as on many items, the profit margins are not what you guys may think it is.

10. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

YAll that being said, I also understand the sellers who do not offer insurance unless the buyer pays for it as on many items, the profit margins are not what you guys may think it is.

Yeah, especially with the recent postal increases. I got nailed at the post office yesterday. It's to the point where I'm going to have to be pickier about what smaller stuff I pick up to flip.

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I never, ever pay for insurance. If you sell to me, and the package gets lost, I will ask for a refund; if you do not give me a refund, I will do a chargeback. It's that simple.

I see what you are saying.

But what would you do in this case.

I recently bought something on Ebay. It didn't arrive. I contacted the seller. He said that he had sent it USPS and he had the delivery confirmation # which he provided to me (note that he didn't provide the tracking # when I won the auction, but only after I inquired).

So the tracking # showed that the package had been delivered to my residence. I guess it was left on the stoop and someone took it or something else happened to it. Anyway, I'm out of luck it seems.

What would you do in this case?

BTW: The seller is reputable with lots of feedback, so I didn't even leave him a negative feedback since he didn't seem to be at fault. Could this be a case where I'm out my $$$ because I didn't purchase insurance?

12. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

So the tracking # showed that the package had been delivered to my residence. I guess it was left on the stoop and someone took it or something else happened to it. Anyway, I'm out of luck it seems.

What would you do in this case?

I think that in this case it's the buyer's responsibility. I never have packages sent to my home address because I know it's not safe. Sucks when you lose something, though.

13. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

I think that in this case it's the buyer's responsibility. I never have packages sent to my home address because I know it's not safe. Sucks when you lose something, though.

I tend to agree. The seller fulfilled his/her obligation by completing delivery to the address provided.

14. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

I agree with this advice. If the seller has proof of delivery, he's done what I paid him to do, and the problem is mine.

15. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I tend to agree. The seller fulfilled his/her obligation by completing delivery to the address provided.

I agree with this advice. If the seller has proof of delivery, he's done what I paid him to do, and the problem is mine.

Sadly, since it's my loss, I agree with all of you. I'll just accept the loss and ship anything of value to my office in the future.

I might have recourse with the Postal Service, but I'm not knowledgeable about their liability. I would be very surprised if they even considered themselves to be liable.