• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay seller warning: Blondys_Bay_Auctions

CBDB

Reaction score
I won a Costume National linen jacket NWT in Jun for ~$62. Woo Hoo! BBA send note that item has been shipped. Two weeks...nothing. I check and BBA says item has NOW been shipped. Hmmmm. 2 weeks -nuttin. BBA says item was shipped to wrong address now have it back and has been shipped. My bullsh1t meter is now howling. I try to confirm and get given a tracking number...which is bogus. I have raised a claim with paypal and hopefully will get refunded.

I can't decide whether they are criminally incompetent and whether a decision was made not to honour the transaction because they didn't get enough on the auction.

Any experiences with these guys? BTW Feedback was around 99% when I bid but is now around 98%

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a used grey Chester Barrie double breasted jacket from them about two years ago. It was as described though if I remember correctly took a while to arrive. Also, I paid something ilke $30 or $40. I've worn it two or three times (not their fault of course) and replaced the buttons with smoked MOP buttons. The buttons I took off, some random Holland & Sherry brass buttons, I then reBayed for the cost of the original jacket. This is the jacket: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14025

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a NWOT Belvest blazer from them for $25 shipped and got it in a few days, it was in perfect condition and is an awesome navy with blue windowpane. YMMV.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've had successful transactions with them, and unsuccessful ones including a tie I never recieved. The other thing I did not recieve was an answer to my emails asking about the tie. You pays your money and takes your chances with them.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had a succesful one with them - a canali tie. i think they're just a little large and a little uneven in the customer service department.

halpap

Reaction score
I have bought 4 or 5 items and haven't had any bad experiences yet. Maybe I have been lucky.

seok

Reaction score
3 or so items i've bought from them were a little more beat up than described

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have poor qualit control, its well known, I bought a pair of dress pants that were stained badly inside the lining (yellow stain , mind you) ........ hit or miss with them

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
they have poor qualit control, its well known, I bought a pair of dress pants that were stained badly inside the lining (yellow stain , mind you) ........ hit or miss with them

eww.... unacceptable. My vote is for "miss"!
plain.gif

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle

And people still buy used clothing off ebay. Fascinating.

bathtime

Reaction score
I won a Blondy's Bay auction for a Helmut Lang suit that was listed as NWOT. On arrival the suit was clearly used and had a hole in the lining. I spoke with them on the phone and returned the suit for a refund within their stipulated return window. Never received a refund. Emailed them five times, no response. Phoned them ten to twenty times, never reached a person or voicemail. Unfortunately, by the time I gave up, I'd already missed the time frame for receiving a full ebay buyer's protection refund. I did make a paypal claim, which was approved, but was out the $150 difference. I can't believe Blondy's is allowed to continue selling on ebay, as it seems my experience isn't an isolated case, and would advise against doing business with them.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bathtime
I won a Blondy's Bay auction for a Helmut Lang suit that was listed as NWOT. On arrival the suit was clearly used and had a hole in the lining. I spoke with them on the phone and returned the suit for a refund within their stipulated return window. Never received a refund. Emailed them five times, no response. Phoned them ten to twenty times, never reached a person or voicemail. Unfortunately, by the time I gave up, I'd already missed the time frame for receiving a full ebay buyer's protection refund. I did make a paypal claim, which was approved, but was out the $150 difference. I can't believe Blondy's is allowed to continue selling on ebay, as it seems my experience isn't an isolated case, and would advise against doing business with them.

They provide ebay with tens of thousands of dollars a year in auction fees and in paypal fees. You think they're going to be quick to get rid of a seller who makes them so much money?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bathtime
So you lost out on $150? That's unacceptable and I would have raised hell with them, and if needed, I would have brought in my credit card company - they are your only real protection online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads