• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay seller Parisvegas - just received my items

imperaman

Reaction score
I would demand that the seller refund shipping costs. If he refuses, then file a complaint with PayPal.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VMan, I had exactly the same experience with parisvegas a few years ago. He was exceptionally rude to me via email when I asked for a refund of the shipping. The wool sweater I purchased had obviously been washed and dried, had discolorations, and what looked like a burn hole. Get whatever refund you can and write him off forever.

VIP Couture is another Ebay skank to be avoided. Dishonest and unreasonable (if these two can be separate categories).

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
With prayerwarrior02 you may get a refund for her incompetence but she will keep the outrageous shipping charges. Skank!
frown.gif

When that's happened t ome with other seelers, I always immediately file a claim wiht Paypal. That way, you only pay return shipping.

dpw

Reaction score
I pray that "prey"warrior will be put out of business very soon. Given her moniker and a hopeful belief in God's wrath, one hopes she wiil get her just desserts...one day. As for parisvegas, I won a number of items last Sunday, but have not recieved my shipment as yet. I have been a client in the past and found most of his things to be in generally in good shape and he was reasonable when a problem arose. I'll let you know what happens when the stuff gets here.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I got my coats too. The Chester Barrie was ok, but the R Caruso 150's has a hole in one shoulder and a knife cut at the bottom of the jacket. Par for the course with them in my experience.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Yeah, I got my coats too. The Chester Barrie was ok, but the R Caruso 150's has a hole in one shoulder and a knife cut at the bottom of the jacket. Par for the course with them in my experience.
Yeah, I have been buying from PV for a few years now. It's a gamble to say the least - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. In the past, some of the issues have been small stains that come out with a soak in oxi-clean, or a small repairable hole - I expected a few issues with this batch, but not a strike on everything I purchased. Too bad about the Caruso, I saw that one and it looked pretty nice.

nsoltz

Reaction score
Guess I have been lucky with Parisvegas. But have not bought anything from him lately. Actually, tempted to leave something in a hotel room in Vegas next time I'm there and see if it turns up on one of his auctions
wink.gif
Wish I could spring for that Isaia suit that A Harris has up right now on eBay. Really a gorgeous piece.

jabney

Reaction score
Well, if you want to make this into a positive, (which is always good around this time of year) is the fact that you weren't dealing with Bergdorf and you actually received your items and you may infact get a refund, or make your money back by selling the items. The seller hasn't dropped off the face of the earth never to be seen or heard from again! Think of how you'd feel then, if actually you want to know, PM me, because I'll tell you. UGHH!

See, don't you feel better now? Sorry to hear the items were in such bad shape! Hope things get resolved appropriately.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jabney
Well, if you want to make this into a positive, (which is always good around this time of year) is the fact that you weren't dealing with Bergdorf and you actually received your items and you may infact get a refund, or make your money back by selling the items. The seller hasn't dropped off the face of the earth never to be seen or heard from again! Think of how you'd feel then, if actually you want to know, PM me, because I'll tell you. UGHH!

See, don't you feel better now? Sorry to hear the items were in such bad shape! Hope things get resolved appropriately.

frown.gif

lol that Bergdorf is a douchebag. Apparently logs in every few days so he's around too.

Thanks for the warning on ParisVegas. That jacket looks like ass. It's ripe for donation.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had mixed success with prayerwarrior002. My first purchase from her was a Canali suit which had a rip in it, I returned it for a full refund, including return shipping. My second and third purchases were a Belvest suit and a Belvest jacket, one of which appears to be NWOT, and both were good deals. I guess you take a bit of risk but it seems to have worked out so far for me.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did prayerwarrior02 refund your shipping no questions asked? Or did it take a bit of work? From her feedback it appears that she refunds many people without refunding shipping costs

BTW: An SF all-star like Vman should have known that this thread would have been best in the pinned "Ebay Sellers Ratings" thread
crackup[1].gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Did prayerwarrior02 refund your shipping no questions asked? Or did it take a bit of work? From her feedback it appears that she refunds many people without refunding shipping costs

Yes... I emailed her and told her about the situation and she refunded me a few days after getting the item.

WorkingClassHero

Reaction score
Got three pants - the Zegna and Canali pairs are just fine. The Polo linen pair were 38 waist, NOT 34 as advertised. The pants are all in great condition, though.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
Such a bizarre operation. Is there a consensus on where he gets his inventory? Guessing lost luggage?
I'm convinced he has quite a few people working for him. They likely just raid the Las Vegas thrifts and get anything of decent quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads