• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ebay Seller MPTobis?

Lawman

Reaction score
Is he a member here? I have been very interested in a number of items offered by him but can't seem to get a response to questions about the pieces. After two different messages regarding a particularly nice Corneliani suit, specifically as to the weight and finish of the fabric (crepe, flannel, fall-winter, four-season, etc.) he responded: "the suit is 100% wool". Wow, talk about service! And this took nearly a week.

Your experiences?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he takes a very long time to respond, because he probably gets 50 messages a day. He's not intentionally dodging you but at the same time you should realize he may not respond to you before the auction ends, and you will have to decide whether to bid with limited info.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will let you know.

I just returned a jacket , but my own fault, didn't pay attention the sizing.
Communication wise, he is very responsive. He actually has an office down in Houston, has a office number that you could call from 9 to 5 with any questions.

I shall find out how fast he is with the refund

Lawman

Reaction score
His stuff, and prices, are pretty incredible, I'll say that much.

ndw

Reaction score
I've purchased a few pairs of shoes and two sportcoats from him and he was always very responsive- and items were as described. It may have taken him so long to respond because I noticed on a number of his recent auctions it had a message that he was out of town so items will be delayed.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought from him before and very happy with the transaction. Lately, he's gotten some really nice inventory... some very nice cashmere sweaters.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found him to be pretty hit & miss. I purchased several items from him in the past, but recently had a very disappointing experience: I won an auction for a fairly low price & paid, after which he sent me an email indicating that the item had been shipped. About a week later, I got an email saying that he had discovered that, in fact, the item was not in stock (a week after he told me he had shipped it). I suspected that he had received a higher offer, and asked him for a more detailed explanation, which he never provided. I also had to send 5 emails over the course of several weeks to get my money refunded.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have bought a ton of stuff from him over the years, and can't think of any problems. He is running a volume business so of course his communication can be slow.

he probably gets 50 messages a day
I get fifty messages a day, he probably gets hundreds.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought a bunch of stuff from him too...no problems at all - and very quick shipping!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris

I get fifty messages a day, he probably gets hundreds.

Now I feel bad, I asked him a few weeks ago whether a certain pair of Sutors had blue soles or brown. He responded 4 days later. With 1000+ items he probably can't even remember what items he is selling, he has to go look at them and find the answer.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a repeat customer and have always been happy with our transactions.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At any given time, I think I have 10+ items from him in my watch list.

Fabro

Reaction score
He gets some very nice stuff. I've done one transaction with him and it went well. Package was returned to him for some reason and he reshipped overnight fedex (expensive to Canada) and ate the extra cost.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40