• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay rip us off!

TAYLOR

Reaction score
Can't believe it. I listed an item on Ebay 10 days ago and paid $19 more for what they call their "Feature Plus" option. After 8 days, I found odd the lack of interest from potential buyers.
I then decided to check that my item was on the top of the page in the category I have chosen to be (That's what I paid those $19 for!) and you know what? My item was nowhere to be seen.
I then decide to have a live chat with Ebay. That girl from their customer service starts telling me that it doesn't mean that I am always on the top of my category by paying those $19 more! What the? She also tells me then "Hey look, you are on the top of the 2nd page .."..indeed suddenly my item appears on the top of the 2nd page. Still I am not happy with this.
I obviously argued the fact that when paying those $19, I thought I would have appeared on the first page and not on xx page! They had only 2 sellers featuring on the top of the first page, whom had paid the feature plus option. Then while I am chatting with Ebay, a new seller (selling some fake Armani suits.Brand new with tag $250 buy now) is being advertised on the top of the 1st page where I should be for godsake! I am fuming now...

Anyway the result is I've lost my $19 obviously because to complain, I had to fax or write a letter! What the fxxk!
I was so pissed off that I had to close the live chat window and guess what? a minute after, my item was on the top of the first page.
If I would not have found out by myself, they would not have shown my item on the top at all.
Ebay ripped me off so watch out next time you are listing on Ebay.
ffffuuuu.gif

Oyaji

Reaction score
What's the connection with Men's clothing ?

Contango

Reaction score
Please tell us more about the fake Armani suits.

neyus

Reaction score
Those Armani suits sound good. Do you have a link? or do I search "Fake Armani Suits?"

neyus

Reaction score
Are you selling the tailor made suits?

TAYLOR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Im a little upset as to why my reply isnt at the top of this thread... what the fxxx?

Becuse you didn't pay $19
fight[1].gif

neyus

Reaction score
Im a little upset as to why my reply isnt at the top of this thread... what the fxxx?

Have you paid the extra $19.00?

TAYLOR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Are you selling the tailor made suits?

No I just cancelled the whole thing. I had no bid with just one day to go before the end.

TAYLOR

Reaction score

If you want to complain, you can send a telegraph or a message in a bottle will do.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TAYLOR
No I just cancelled the whole thing. I had no bid with just one day to go before the end.

Have you tried posting on the buying and selling forum? Some of the other forum members might want to purchase your clothes?

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Have you tried posting on the buying and selling forum? Some of the other forum members might want to purchase your clothes?

Good idea--let's see how long he lasts on the first page over there.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For popular & more expensive items, there will be a lot of "featured items". Let's say 50. That means your item only has 2% chance of getting up there. This is pretty standard. The same goes for online ads (for Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.,).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads