1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay noob question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gladhands, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I love people that are good sports. He sounds like a great buyer.

2. JiltedBuyer

JiltedBuyer Member

Some jury!

The truth is, I did accept the return option right away (the shoes are already en route to him), and the notion that I specifically asked for a 50% discount is a false one.

But these things being said, I have had some PMs with the seller, and I think the issue is squashed.

In retrospect, I would have to say that while PipersSon may be emotional at times (as we all can be), I would not hesitate to deal with him, because at the end of the day, he is willing to stand behind his products and do the right thing.

If only there were a shoe tailor who could fix things as easily as the hem on a pair of pants, we would all be clamoring for discounted imperfect shoes!

3. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I am going to go past most of your post, because I do not want to start another series of disagreements.

But I will respond to what I feel is a positive step from you.

I thank you for this.

It's done now and I am moving forward, as you are.

4. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

The issue in this case in to my mind is the initial description. I do not believe anybody here thinking they were buying brand new shoes would not be bummed out to discover the issues as described by and photographed by the buyer.

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

This thread was started by the seller, in an attempt to work out paying for return shipping fees or not. It only escalated after the buyer arrived and ranted in an attempt to defame the seller.

Settle the shipping fee matter, and move on with your lives... Geez... :facepalm: