• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay: korean "mod", "neo" etc products

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

iLLmAtiCiAn

Reaction score
just don't..I tried it twice and the quality is utterly horrible

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Good to know. The search continues... if anyone knows where I can get a slim trench that doesn't suck, in a larger size (~46" pit to pit), at a more or less reasonable rate, let me know.

H&M or Uniqlo. IMO this season's Uniqlo trench is really nice for the price.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that NEO one alot.. shame about the quality.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
H&M or Uniqlo. IMO this season's Uniqlo trench is really nice for the price.
159 is not bad at all, really, although actually obtaining it might be difficult from here in Vancouver.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can order Uniqlo by phone from non-NYC locations in the U.S.; perhaps they might be willing to do something for Vancouver, too? Try calling them.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
u should definitely be careful with those korean brands - quality is sub par and will last no more than one season.

trust me - i live here and see **** like that being sold everywhere in those high rise swap meets. if anything, uniqlo will offer better quality (still uniqlo) and still provide that slim fit your seeking.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its really too bad that these often turn to be **** as they always look good in the pics, but my experience has been similar to others here in that the quality is very sub par.
Also Uniqlo must be concentrating much more on their overseas markets or something. I cant find anything I would want to buy at the ones here. I went to a huge one in Kawasaki and saw clothes that would make The Gap yawn. Lots of boring oversized flanel plaids, suede jackets, etc. Also the line to get into H&M Ginza is asinine, especially since its just H&M. I went to go buy some underwear, thinking that now the place has been open for more than a month, there should be no line. I get there and the line goes out into the street and down the block... two blocks, looping back and forth about 4 layers deep. So like 3-4 hour wait.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Uniqlo is pretty crap in Korea at least. Fit is baggier than any other clothing in the area, full of plaid, and more expensive than anywhere else. I bought a pack of V-neck undershirts from them, the arms (the entire arm) turned brown on all 3 of them after washing them.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
It wasn't even on the bottom of the sleeve, it was on the top. It even happened to one of them that I hadn't worn before washing. Turned brown at the seam, white in the body.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD_May if you find something you like and it cant be shipped to van, what i do is get it sent to the letter carrier in point roberts, its about a 30-40min drive from downtown vancouver.

itll only cost you about 2-5 dollars for them to hold it for you

http://www.thelettercarrier.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics