• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay is getting depressing ..

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
On a related note, WTF is with the new ebay search format. It screwed up most my saved searches and the ones that still do work cannot be tweaked. For example, I have some saved searches that only look at the last 24 hours of items listed in a certain category, if I try to expand this too all listings it loses the rest of the search criteria. The search function used to be so user friendly and now it is a disaster.

Speaking of this, is there no way to sort the shirt results so that it includes only new shirts? (Short of including "new" in the search, of course.)

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Full Canvas

Image below saved from an older SF Thread.
Yikes.jpg

__

Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
Hmmmmm. I kinda like eBay.

Last night I bought a pair of sharkskin Allen Edmonds in my size (10.5 3E), out-of-print and used of course, for $79. Wow, I'm thinking, where could I have possibly gone for something like that locally, or in your town even, or in the whole f***ing country?

Nice!

phillyesq

Reaction score
I've only recently started shopping on ebay, and I've had a lot of success. In the past week, I picked up 2 new BB golden fleece suits. I paid $300 for one, and $200 for the other. With the live cashback (25%), it was a great deal. I search mostly for BB stuff, and I've had a lot of luck. I've been looking for shoes and a trench coat, and have had less luck with those searches, so far, but I also haven't been looking as long for those items.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Ebay fees = painful. I just sold a jacket on the site with BIN only and the fees equaled nearly 10% of the total purchase price.

cloud.gif

Same here. It made me realize -- too late, sadly -- that the final value fees for fixed price are higher than for auction, especially on expensive items where it adds up. Good for high volume sellers whose merchandise moves slowly since it has lower opening fees, but not good for the casual seller. Now I know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics