1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

eBay Find?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, Oct 5, 2006.

1. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Boy, this is going to be exciting when I recieve the cashmere topcoat I ordered from this guy. I wonder if it will even be cashmere. I'll let you know when it comes.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

This feels too similar to the Corben. [​IMG] Deals sometimes ARE too good to be true. Of course I have bought a couple of Belvest sportcoats on ebay before, and for considerably less, so I thought it was worth a shot.

He has apparently improved his English translation services.

Suit's going back tomorrow via some sort or registered international mail. I'm stuck with shipping costs on both ends apparently, which is a shame, but not the end of the world. Is it possible to dispute the shipping charges, or am I s.o.l.?

3. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

4. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Hello Bob,

Did you get your coat and if so how was your jacket , I had also ordered one and I am still waiting. Although nervously.

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

6. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

rssmsvc,
    I have not yet received mine.

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

My apologies for attracting people to counterfeit goods. [​IMG]

8. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

The verdict is still out on the veracity of my coat. I too would be shocked to see a faked Belvest item. I bought from a similar post at AAAC http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=belvest
    I think the forum posting helped to relax my guard a bit and assume more risk than I would have otherwise. I will let people know how it turns out.

9. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUT-ABITO-BELVES...QQcmdZViewItem

As far as the suit is concerned, would a real belvest have lined up the pattern of the jacket and pocket? Or is this not always the case?

I just took a quick look you are write, all my plaid belvests match on the pocket.

I am wondering though if this guy is just getting factory overruns or other issues and is just reselling those. As soon as my coat is here I will take more pics.

10. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

The verdict is still out on the veracity of my coat. I too would be shocked to see a faked Belvest item. I bought from a similar post at AAAC http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=belvest
    I think the forum posting helped to relax my guard a bit and assume more risk than I would have otherwise. I will let people know how it turns out.

Did the belvest show up ?

11. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

Not yet. To make matters worse I screwed up an gave him feedback by accident! Oops. I am confident it will show up soon as the seller has good feedback and is an active SF member.

12. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Finally got my refund. A pain, and a hassle that I'm out money because of it, but I figure ebay balances out.