1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

eBay Equivalents in East Asian Countries

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shugon, Apr 22, 2016.

1. shugon

shugon Active Member

Hello,

I regard eBay as one of the premier sources for those discontinued, hard-to-get items. It seems that many of the products I covet the most are more widespread in east Asian countries than in the USA: first and foremost, Japan; but also Taiwan and Singapore. From what I have been seeing around, I'm in the belief that eBay is not as popular there as in the US and Europe, and is probably not the most popular online marketplace, thus being less relevant in this case.

Question is: what are the eBay equivalents (that is, the most popular online marketplace) in the following countries:

1. Japan
    2. South Korea
    3. Taiwan
    4. (mainland) China
    5. Singapore

I would appreciate recommendations for additional online marketplaces beyond the most popular one in each of those countries (see GRAILED here in the U.S. - while not the most popular marketplace - eBay is more popular I believe - it is definitely worth mentioning).

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. wakazuki

wakazuki Member

Yahoo Auctions JP is the heaven you're looking for.

3. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

Taobao/alibaba for china

4. shugon

shugon Active Member

On rakuten.co.jp, are used items offered in addition to new ones?

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Rakuten is an amalgamation of smaller stores - they don't have their own inventory. Many of those stores sell used items

6. shugon

shugon Active Member

And if I search through the homepage of rakuten.co.jp, then the search encompasses all of the used (and new) inventory of all those stores?

7. wakazuki

wakazuki Member

Yes it will.
    To add on Japanese stores : zozotown and zozoused.

8. shugon

shugon Active Member

1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but ZOZOTOWN is, compared to Rakuten, a conventional shop with its own inventory, and it sells new items only?

2) What about marketplaces for used items in Taiwan and Singapore?

Thanks.

9. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

No there's zozoused like he said, which sells used stuff. Also I believe there are a bunch of different stores on Zozo like American Rag, Ships, HP France, etc. No its not quite like Rakuten, but its not a conventional store either (maybe something like a Japanese farfetch? I dunno.)

I buy a lot from yahoo japan (via a proxy) and generally like it.

10. shugon

shugon Active Member

Since you're implying that zozotown sells used items too, how does zozotown differ from zozoused?

And folks, what about online used marketplaces for Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  11. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

I imply nothing, I simply state there is zozoused: http://zozo.jp/zozoused/. As far as I'm aware Zozotown only sells new clothing (and magazines and other shit). I'm not a expert on their company structure, I just fucking buy shit from there man.

12. wakazuki

wakazuki Member

Yes, exactly as he said.
    Zozotown sells many new items from many many brands (like Farfetch but bigger I think) while Zozoused is their secondhand version with only used items. This is where you can get some gems.
    But I'd say Y!auctions is the most interesting place.
    Sorry no idea about other countries.

13. shugon

shugon Active Member

Hi Lorcan7, my apologies - when you mentioned the sub-shops ZOZO represents, somehow (probably because I was subconsciously recalling what nicelynice said) it made think it sells used items as well, through those sub-shops, that is...

And still really looking forward to hearing recommendations for used and new marketplaces from Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore...

14. porphyrio

porphyrio Member

In Singapore, Carousell is pretty popular.

15. shugon

shugon Active Member

Thanks porphyrio!

I just need a solid recommendation for a used items marketplace in South Korea and Taiwan and I'm all set...