• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay - ending tomorrow / Margiela black leather (LAMBskin) jacket (fits S/XS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam24

Reaction score
Calfskin leather but it's buttery soft and supple. It is quite broken in as well, so it does not have that stiff felling when you move your arms. The weight is ideal for spring/fall (+ winter if you live in warm climate).

The distressing/wrinkling seen at the collar and on the pocket flaps are part of the design. The wrinkling on the rest of the jacket is because I voluntarily toss my jacket in a corner of my drawer to give it that look. It is not permanent at all, and depending on which look you prefer, it can easily go back to its original look (I've included pics showing both looks).

There are 4 outside pockets: 2 lateral ones and 2 other with flaps (look at the closeup pic).

Size: I don't remember if the tagged size was 44 or 46 (no tags on the jacket), but it fits exactly between the 2 sizes (which is my ideal size). So basically a size 45 - for a bigger XS or a smaller S.

Measurements are:
Pit to pit 18.5 inches
Shoulder to shoulder 16.5 inches
Shoulder to cuff sleeve length 25.6 inches
total length on back, not including collar 24.5 inches

Price: I paid 825$ shipped in October 2010 to buy it used (no idea how much it retailed for). Considering the fact that it's missing the interior* of the right flap pocket, I'm ready to let it go for 550$ w/ shipping included (which is gonna be at least 30$ since I'm shipping from Montreal).

* You can have any tailor put in a new pocket to replace the old one and it shouldn't cost much, it's a pretty basic job. Either way, it doesn't affect the look of the jacket, neither from the outside nor from the inside (there's a lining on the inside). So you could very well wear the jacket as is without ever noticing, unless you unbutton the right pocket and put your hand in there. If it's a deal-breaker for any serious buyer, I can go ahead and have my tailor sew in the new pocket bag before having the jacket shipped. The price would then be 25$ more. (the 25$ difference was to save me from having to do that).

Attachments

• mmm_01.jpg
    mmm_01.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
  • mmm_closeup.jpg
    mmm_closeup.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 9
  • margiela.jpg
    margiela.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 15
  • mmm1.jpg
    mmm1.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Adam24

Reaction score
Photos of the TAG, found in the inside chest pocket (it goes to show how few times I've worn this jacket since getting it close to a year ago):

Turns out the leather is actually LAMB and not CALF like I was told by the previous owner. That explains how soft/supple the leather feels! Here's the eBay link, ending in 27 hours (tomorrow evening). The starting bid is set at 399,99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads