1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay dry spell?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Mar 8, 2005.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Anyone else think it seems like Ebay doesn't really have much going on for shirts/sportcoats/suits right now? Seems this way to me, at least in the 16.5/42 shirts and 46/EU58 suits.

2. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dunno... picked up a RJ shirt, a HK handrolled pocket square, and an amazing Ballantyne cashmere hand intarsia sweater with Fred Astaire's picture knitted in (would have retailed over $1000) recently...

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I dunno, there is a HEAP of Kiton clothing on ebay right now....thankfully, the only thing I needed was this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWN:IT hoping I can antique them with some black polish (? is that right?), as I can't afford another pair of lobb shoes at the moment, figured these were a decent pair.

4. mano

mano Senior member

I'll be posting some Oxxford, Brioni, Kiton, Isaia, Zegna Napoli Couture, and HF suits and sports jackets mostly 44-50 in the next week.  All brand new with tags.   There are a few others in 37, 41 and 52, I think.  

Hopkins student, at or close to your size in US measurement, I have a
    NWT Hickey Freeman DB gray suit size 46
    NWT Kiton cotton suit, dull olive in 47/48
    NWT Isaia 140's sports coat 46L
    NWT Isaia 120's sports coat 46L

Shirts at or close to your size:
    Baldessarini pale pink herringbone 42
    Baldessarini white herringbone 41
    Oxxford white 43
    These shirts are terrific.

Over the weekend I'll be taking pics and plan to post on eBay

There are lots more and it may take me a week longer to get everything on eBay.

If you're interested, LMK and I'll take pics of those items first.

5. demeis

demeis Senior member

In my sizes not much either, no 15.5x33 shirts i really like or have found. Not to great selction of 38r/40rs at my price at least. Sigh, ties seem good though haven't looked at shoes or pocket squares. i do need a belt and don't see any or any good braces.

6. mano

mano Senior member

yo, demeis. I have a 38R Isaia cashmere sport coat. I think I also might have a 15.5 Isaia shirt, pale pink with deep green stripes. Both are awesome.

7. demeis

demeis Senior member

Whats the price? remember now i'm a semi-broke college student but am in the market for some sport coats and such.

8. mano

mano Senior member

The coat is $475 and the shirt is $85. Don't have pics yet.

9. raurell

raurell New Member

It seems that there hasn't been that much lately. I agree with your post. I guess it makes sense to check once a week to see what is out there. How often do you check ?

10. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Oi vey...I've had a devil of a time finding anything I'd bid on. Even a stape like a navy blue suit, 2 or three button, is impossible unless I want one in a heavy poly percentage. Anyone who sees a 48L navy suit -- two or three button -- feel free to PM me or leave a message here [​IMG]

11. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't tell if this is a joke or not ...

12. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

If you're size 38 or smaller, you may want to take a look at this. The jacket looks good and the sleeves are largely unaltered. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW

13. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

Outstanding shoes, Foxx. Funny, they don't look much more "Italian" (because of the rounded captoe) than my Crockett "Downing" medallion captoes. No Lobbs, though (never in 9E-looking for the "Lopez" loafer now for 4 years). Kanvas, from whom I've bought Oxxford, is certainly on the high quality end.

Despite the "scarcity", "World's Finest" has an outstanding selection of Truzzi shirts both on Ebay and on his site. I'm withstanding the temptation to buy still another "for FARMER" patterned flannel buttondown. Lots of Barbera sportjackets (not my size) with no minimums. Happy hunting.

14. RJman

(RJMan @ Mar. 08 2005,20:17) an amazing Ballantyne cashmere hand intarsia sweater with Fred Astaire's picture knitted in
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not ...
    Why joke? Sweater is not for FARMER. (expressing inner ernest) It's really cool. Honest. Much better than some awful Lucien Pellat-Finet hemp or skull intarsia. And, like, Astaire, an icon of timeless elegance... a link to those Anderson & Sheppard stories about him dancing in his suits to make sure they always fit perfectly... seemed very apropos from a styleforum perspective. Manton, I'm wounded by your doubt.

15. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dress like Astaire: good. Wear picture of Astaire on chest: bad.

16. RJman

<sniff> you're just jealous. Next time we meet up I'll wear it under a Darren suit.

17. nsoltz1

nsoltz1 Member

Always looking for recent Zegna's in 40R, and doesn't seem to be too much there at the moment... of course, there are always the Cinese counterfeits which eBay still hasn't taken down.

Ned

18. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm looking for sports jackets and a navy suit in 40 L and have found nothing I like for nearly 2 months. It seems 40 L is tough to find, but I'm new to ebay so I don't know if this is typical or not. I am kicking myself for passing up 2 great Brioni ties (one for only $45).

19. sashae

sashae Senior member

There were a great deal of Brioni ties at the NM Last Call at Woodbury Common when I went this weekend... all around $45-60. Some decent patterns, some not. Their ties aren't really to my taste. My best eBay find to date was a brown 50% linen/50% cashmere chocolate brown sport jacket at $600, which fit like it was made for me. I can't complain [​IMG] -s