• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay cufflink dealer

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have some specific sellers that you use for cufflinks? Since there are a billion sets for sale on ebay I'm hoping to cut through some of the ****
ffffuuuu.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no seller per se -- I just play by ear.

A large majority of them tend to be based out of China (sometimes with Canadian or even American addresses). They tend to have the fakes, or at least, the ones with the most questionable quality (and the cheapest prices, of course).

I just look for the "occasional" sellers with good vintage cuff links -- those tend to have more authentic ones. Also look for real jewelers that sometimes have estate jewelry/cuff links on sale.

tacobender

Reaction score
i buy a lot on ebay, search for vintage or lots....you get something interesting, and I have gotten at least 20 pair for 10 bucks or less.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tacobender
i buy a lot on ebay, search for vintage or lots....you get something interesting, and I have gotten at least 20 pair for 10 bucks or less.

+1

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Another +1 from me.

I steer clear of new cufflinks as any branded ones are likely to be fakes, whereas you can get an interesting vintage/antique pair for £5-10, and if it doesn't work out then it's not much of a loss.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tacobender

This is a good approach. Allow for a reasonable % to be throwaway when you receive it, you will still do fine over time. You will also learn what to look for and what is crap and your "misses" will go down.

twistoffat

Reaction score
Try the parisian auction house www.artcurial.com

lots of interesting fashion pieces amongst others. They usually have a selection of cufflinks.
There is some rubbish there as well you just have to look for the gems

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads