1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EBAY buying advice needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Horace, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Horace

Horace Senior member

Gents,

There are those of you quite experienced in the marvels of Ebay.

A question for you:

Is it possible to configure one's account so that Ebay emails you everytime certain items have been listed, such as:

"Southwick 42"

or

"Crimson Shop"

or what-have-you?

If so, it would save me from having to type in obscure, now defunct haberdashers and whatnot.

Usually I find that items older shops, no longer in business, will occasionally be listed at fairly good prices, and I'd like to snap up an item or two, but unfortunately, I rarely have the time to go through and search Ebay like I'd like to.

Or if I have the time, I find that 2 or 3 hours has passed and you know, can't have that happening to often...

Thanks gents.

H.

2. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Easy. Do a search for the item you want, and when the results come up there will be a link at the top of the page that says "Add to favorites" or "Add to favorite searches." From there, you get set up preferences to be e-mail whenever a new item is listed.

3. rlevine

rlevine Well-Known Member

Is it possible to extend your search to items that have recently ended?

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Yup - completed items can be searched and then the results saved in like fashion..

I get lots of "You had this for $100 and it did not sell, would you take 37 cents?" emails.

5. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Carlo:

Oh, there you are. Why aren't you answering my e-mails.

That last shipment of six ties was very nice. But I thought it was 37 cents for the six and you charged my credit card for $ 2.22.

What gives? Are you a rip-off or something?

6. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I added in a charge for the six pairs of Zimmerli you shorted me. Search your inbox for biteme@carlofranco.com - that's the address I replied from [​IMG]