• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay auction help

SkinnyTieGuy

Reaction score
What is the max you guys would be willing to bid on a Hugo Boss suit? The starting bid was $250, which is much much lower than retail. Looks to be a good deal.

My only concern is that the pants come from a different size of jacket (not sure how this is). So even though the jacket is perfect for me, the pants will be about two sizes too big.

Any thoughts? What point would you stop bidding?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyTieGuy
What is the max you guys would be willing to bid on a Hugo Boss suit?

Maybe £25 GBP.

The starting bid was $250,

Hahahaha.

which is much much lower than retail. Looks to be a good deal.

My only concern is that the pants come from a different size of jacket (not sure how this is). So even though the jacket is perfect for me, the pants will be about two sizes too big.

If you have serious doubts about it's size, and it turns out to be the case, then it's a very poor deal IMO.

Any thoughts? What point would you stop bidding?

I wouldn't even start bidding.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other than just Hugo Boss hate, some questions like: new/used, staple/unusual pattern, vintage, common/unusual size, etc, would have been necessary to really answer this question.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pass on BOSS without doubt.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Other than just Hugo Boss hate, some questions like: new/used, staple/unusual pattern, vintage, common/unusual size, etc, would have been necessary to really answer this question.

Boss hate aside, 250 for used suit in 2 different sizes probably isn't smart money.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Boss hate aside, 250 for used suit in 2 different sizes probably isn't smart money.

I'm just saying in general yo. I'm not going to start bidding on a Boss suit with mismatched pants that doesn't fit either.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
I'd pass. I have an athletic build so I see myself in the same situation (jacket size is good, pants too big). Just be patient

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can usually snag a NEW Hugo Boss suit for around $250 at NM Last Call (40% Coupons they usually do).

But for a used one with a different sized pant drop.... would be leery to buy it at all.

SkinnyTieGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Does it being NWOT change anyone's minds as far as fair price?

CaymanS

Reaction score
*Price Is Right contestant voice*

"ONE DOLLAR!"

*raucous applause*

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Does it being NWOT change anyone's minds as far as fair price?

NWOT is meaningless on Ebay most of the time, might as well say "Excellent Used Condition." If it's still got all the pockets sewn shut, basting still in, etc, maybe you could give some value to NWOT, but otherwise it means "I found this in a thrift store and it doesn't look worn to me!"

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spend some time here reading SF.

Then go to the B & S forum and see what is for sale.

With some knowledge you will do much, much better than Ebay usually.

As to the $250 used Boss suit. Way too high. Pass and move on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads