Ebay and the USPS--help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by philosophe, Aug 23, 2006.

1. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I purchased some expensive shoes on Ebay. I paid with a credit card and of course paid for shipping insurance. The seller shipped them (insured) to me. The post office then delivered them to someone else, who signed some miscellaneous initials on the receipt. Thus when I wrote to the seller to inquire about the shipping, he sent me the delivery info from the post office.

What do I do now?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you tried contacting the post office? If the initials don't match yours, you should have a good case for reimbursement.

3. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Yup, I think the USPS is the culprit here.

Perry

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I guess the problem would be finding out where the package went. Maybe a similar address to yours (Ave instead of St., etc.) If you can't, you should be able to claim on the insurance. Either way, you need to talk to the post office.

5. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS and inform them of the situation. Tell them it wasn't delivered to you and that it was likely delivered to the wrong address. They'll file a claim and do an investigation. Someone from your local post office will then call you and inform you of your options.

I know because this happened to me recently. Luckily I was able to get my money back.