• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Account Suspended

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I awoke this morning to find that some buyers who I had previous transactions with have filed claims against me on paypal due to the fact that my Ebay account was suspended last night. They are afraid that I am running a scam and they will not receive their products. I have no idea why Ebay kicked me off, as I have never sold a fake item, or have failed to send an item, and my feedback is 99.6%. They sent me this email:

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended because it violates the site policy outlined in the User Agreement:

eBay's services are not available to members who are currently suspended.

Our records indicate that your account is associated with the following suspended account:

putergeek23

eBay does not permit suspended users to register with eBay or use eBay's services under any name. eBay may extend this prohibition to accounts or user names associated with the suspended user.

Due to the suspension of this account, you are prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account. Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department,
eBay Inc
But I have no idea who putergeek23 is. Can anyone help?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure the email came from ebay? I've recently received a rash of spoofs purportedly from both ebay and paypal, one of which implied my account had been suspended. I simply forward them on to [email protected]. The latest response from them informed me that any communication from ebay to my private email will also show up in the "my messages" part of my ebay profile. It'd pay to check it out.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started getting those emails also. I would definitely log into your ebay email and don't respond to ANYTHING outside of that.

I just had it happen to me recently. Here's the thread.

Here is how to contact ebay security. I know there's a phone # but it's hard to find. . Go to ebay, log in and follow these steps:

Help > A-Z Index > Account Theft reporting > and scroll down to the Live Help icon.

bryce330

Reaction score
I have received those fake e-mails too, but if VersaceMan's buyers have filed claims against him based on the suspension, then the suspension is probably legitimate.

It appears that someone at eBay thought you were a previously suspended or deleted user who was attempting to re-register under another name. I have heard of this happening to other people - you might want to send an e-mail to the Safe Harbor department explaining you have no idea who "putergeek" is and asking exactly why you were suepended.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suspension is legit, I cannot access anything in MyEbay and I have had a paypal claim filed against be by a leery buyer, even though I have his item all packaged up and ready to ship. I contacted ebay but their customer service section really sucks - we'll see.

cuffthis

Reaction score
This really sounds like a bogus e-mail to me. I have received numerous similar e-mails with the same text. Although I don't sell on Ebay, I frequently purchase items on that venue.

The obvious reason the emails I received were fake was that they were sent to my business e-mail address, not to the one I have registered with Ebay (and PayPal).

Please check with Ebay first before acting.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suspension is legit, I cannot access anything in MyEbay and I have had a paypal claim filed against be by a leery buyer, even though I have his item all packaged up and ready to ship. I contacted ebay but their customer service section really sucks - we'll see.

I4Fashion

Reaction score
Remember, ebay will never start out an email by saying, "Dear user or Dear Member". They will always use your name in the heading of the email somewhere. Usually the first line. Hope this helps.

I4Fashion

Reaction score
Oh! I would agree with the person who said to forward that email to ebay's spoof department. There are a lot of knuckleheads out there that have nothing better to do than attempt (sometimes successfully) to get sensitive personal infromation from the replies to these emails. Remember to forward the email using the complete headers.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paypal locked me out of a few accounts because of a real trifling issue. I could never get a CSR on the phone to settle the issue and now I can now longer use my name and/or address on a Paypal account. I virulently hate Paypal, and its parent company hasn't been much better in my experience.

I hope it all works out for you.

I4Fashion

Reaction score
Ah! Paypal. What a nighmare. I beg anyone who still uses Payfraud to GET OUT while you can! I lost THOUSANDS with these jokers. Alas, we have no recourse. They're right, we're wrong.......and left penniless! I had just enough left in my Paypal account after these guys clipped me to get a cigar and drown my sorrows in an adult beverage.......

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live Help was no help at all. The guy could not answer my question, as he dealt with phony emails and account takeovers, and my account was 'legitimately' suspended. There's a half hour gone to waste. He directed me to a page where I could email ebay and have them get back to me in 24-48 hours (I already did that...still waiting on a reply). What a joke. I guess the 'suspended account' topic has no live help feature.

The funny thing is that the person with the suspended account (putergeek23) that is supposedly related to my account lives in the same city as me. I rent, so I wonder if this person once lived in my place and we shared a similar IP address? I don't know much about computers so I don't know if this is possible.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by I4Fashion
Ah! Paypal. What a nighmare. I beg anyone who still uses Payfraud to GET OUT while you can! I lost THOUSANDS with these jokers. Alas, we have no recourse. They're right, we're wrong.......and left penniless! I had just enough left in my Paypal account after these guys clipped me to get a cigar and drown my sorrows in an adult beverage.......

I have never had a problem with PayPal and have been using it on a bi-weekly basis for 6 years now. Although, I'm smart about things; I watch my account closely. Money is transferred to my bank immediately upon receiving it, and any payments made through PayPal are done quickly and accurately.

To the OP, call eBay and find out what's going on: 1-888-749-3229

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads