1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ebay Account Suspended

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VMan, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I4Fashion

I4Fashion Member

Unfortunately, Paypal has access to the bank account one transfers funds to. They can "garnish" these funds directly from your bank account if my memory serves me correctly.

I was dealing with Paypal on a daily basis using thousands of dollars monthly. Go to any "anti" Paypal site and you will see countless stories of similar experiences.

I had to close my bank account for fear that they would steal more money from my account. Whew!

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Unfortunately, Paypal has access to the bank account one transfers funds to. They can "garnish" these funds directly from your bank account if my memory serves me correctly.

I was dealing with Paypal on a daily basis using thousands of dollars monthly. Go to any "anti" Paypal site and you will see countless stories of similar experiences.

I had to close my bank account for fear that they would steal more money from my account. Whew!

Is this still accurate? I don't think this is allowed anymore. Either way, I have one account that I use for online dealings, and another for everything else. Money is transferred from the online account to my main account (which they don't have access to anyway) once deposits are received, so let them try and garnish it all they want, but there will be nothing there for them to garnish.

3. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

Live Help was no help at all. The guy could not answer my question, as he dealt with phony emails and account takeovers, and my account was 'legitimately' suspended. There's a half hour gone to waste. He directed me to a page where I could email ebay and have them get back to me in 24-48 hours (I already did that...still waiting on a reply). What a joke. I guess the 'suspended account' topic has no live help feature.

The funny thing is that the person with the suspended account (putergeek23) that is supposedly related to my account lives in the same city as me. I rent, so I wonder if this person once lived in my place and we shared a similar IP address? I don't know much about computers so I don't know if this is possible.

That sucks. The only other thing I could suggest is to go to the ebay "community". There is a link for it on the main page after you sign in. I have had problems with ebay and paypal (which ebay owns) and gotten nowhere with their help. But, the "community" section is a forum just like Styleforum where you can post and get some excellent advice.

It usually doesn't take long at all. I've had problems resolved by very experienced ebayers (usually the same day) much sooner than I've gotten a response from Ebay help.

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

That sucks. The only other thing I could suggest is to go to the ebay "community". There is a link for it on the main page after you sign in. I have had problems with ebay and paypal (which ebay owns) and gotten nowhere with their help. But, the "community" section is a forum just like Styleforum where you can post and get some excellent advice.

It usually doesn't take long at all. I've had problems resolved by very experienced ebayers (usually the same day) much sooner than I've gotten a response from Ebay help.

Or he could call the phone number I posted at the bottom of page 1....

5. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

Or he could call the phone number I posted at the bottom of page 1....

Ha! I didn't see that! Not sure how I missed it. I used to have that magic number but I don't know what I did with it. It's quite a secret at ebay.

6. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Oh man, I didnt even see that #. Thanks, I am calling it right now.

7. VMan

Oh man, I didnt even see that #. Thanks, I am calling it right now.

What a joke....I called, pushed '2' for customer support, and got the message "thank you for calling...for customer support, please visit the ebay home page and click the button on the top of the page for live help".

8. VMan

Plus my internet is down today, and it takes like 5 minutes (seriously) to load a web page. Additionally, the gas in my tank mysteriously dropped from 1/4 a tank to E this afternoon while I was parked in the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot in the ghetto. I think someone is just having a great time F'ing around with me today.

9. Kai

Kai Distinguished Member

Plus my internet is down today, and it takes like 5 minutes (seriously) to load a web page. Additionally, the gas in my tank mysteriously dropped from 1/4 a tank to E this afternoon while I was parked in the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot in the ghetto. I think someone is just having a great time F'ing around with me today.

You ever see the movie, Falling Down?

It's days like these . . .

10. I4Fashion

I4Fashion Member

Originally Posted by Kai
    Hell...I own it.

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Here's a list of extensions you can try at ebay's phone number (800-322-9266):

http://hello.typepad.com/hello/2005/...s_ebays_p.html

hope you get this ironed out soon man.

12. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Stylish Dinosaur

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^One wonders how this list of extensions came to be. And if the numbers are still operative.

OTOH, good luck VM. This does not sound at all good.

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Well, you can use their system to get an extension if you know the person's name. Once you know that many of them start with 674, you could just go trying random numbers until you get someone dumb enough to answer. From what I hear most of the people on those extensions don't answer anymore if they ever did.

Working at ebay must be like herding cats. Just imagine working in an office and all day, Nigerian princes are walking up and yelling HELLO SIR I AM JOFFE JOFUR FROM THE GREAT NAMIBIAN KINGDOM OF ZAMUNDA AND I HAVE BEQUEATHED TO YOUR WESTERN UNION ACCOUNT....

14. VMan

Just got an email from them a few minutes ago. Standard pre-formulated style. They didn't address the confusion of my email address being linked with a suspended account that I never even registered, but whatever - F it.

Apparently, I have to fill out and sign a form that pretty much says "I'm weally weally sowwy and I will never bweak ebay's wules again" and also send them a copy of my driver's licence and utility bill. Then it will take 48-72 hours for them to consider my reinstatement, and then a few days after that to get my account back if I am lucky.

Thanks to all who purchased some items from me in the B&S section, it helped me out.

15. mass_college_gal

mass_college_gal New Member

Since it seems that they do not communicate through the regular phone system, e-mail and faxes seem the wave of their future...

Anita G's e-mail and Fax - She's assistant to Meg Whitman
    [email protected]
    408-376-6141 (Fax)

eBay Executive's Email: [email protected]

Tracey Ford, Investor Relations (Let her know that your a future investor...)
    408-376-7205 (ph.) - E-mail: [email protected]

Hani Durzy, Media Relations - 408-376-7458 (ph.) Email: [email protected]

Victoria Biggs, Media Relations: [email protected]

Media Contact: Dean Juntilla - E-mail: [email protected]
    Cell: 650-814-3854

Here's a list of extensions you can try at ebay's phone number (800-322-9266):

http://hello.typepad.com/hello/2005/...s_ebays_p.html

hope you get this ironed out soon man.