• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating habits

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought of this thread today when I went to Pagliacci (pizza place) for dinner. I (6'0 - 175) ordered 2 pieces - one with sun dried tomato, peppers, garlic and red onion, one with Canadian bacon and some vegetables. The dude next to me (5'10 - 200 with a gut and bad posture) ordered three pieces, all very greasy (but good, in a disgusting way) double pepperoni. We both ordered Cokes to go with, from what I could tell.

The cumulative difference in ordering habits over time probably makes up almost entirely for the difference in our weight. There's no reason that guy needed an extra piece or to order 3 of the greasiest, fattiest, unhealthiest kind of pizza. (Dude, if you happen to read this, no offense, I have no idea who you are and am just using it as an example.)

Then again, I basically ate circus animal cookies for breakfast, so who am I to talk?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`m skinny (by American standards, about 5`9 and roughly 140lbs) but I eat about 4 slices of the greasiest pizza when I go out to eat pizza. My wife is small and skinny too, and she eats the same.

I think the difference is that fat people will eat 3 or more slices, then eat a burger a couple hours later for the next meal. My wife and I, would still feel stuffed from the pizza and decide to eat something light.

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I try to eat at the same time everyday. For me, breakfast 08:00am, lunch 13:00, dinner: 19:00 (in between lunch and dinner I will have
tea/snack time)

I don`t eat huge portions. There`s an old saying in Japan that translates to
something like, "Eat up to 80% of your stomach."

Totally agree on portions. Eat to be not hungry; do not eat to be full.

For me, eating like clockwork is impossible. I skip a meal occasionally, and fast
for 90 minutes before exercise.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
just stear clear from sugar. sugar is addicting and very harmful, especially to your immune system. it also makes you fat as ****. if you can work towards eliminating it accept for very special occasions it will improve your life tremendously.

white flour and the likes almost as bad for you.

if you can afford it, eat organic.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
don't worry too much about fat. if you can, get organic olive and canola oil in your kitchen. expeller pressed is best. some organic mayo. organic butter. don't go overboard with portions but don't be skimpy either.

fats derived from flax and hemp are amazing for your health

excess calories from carbs tend to make you gain weight much more than intake of healthy fats.

the unhealthy fats are trans fat from hydrogenated oils. low quality corn, soybean and canola oils are also ****** for you.

eat every 2-3 hours and your metabolism will be supercharged. be sure to include protein and fats at every meal becuase these will keep you satiated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads