• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating at Gary Danko this week - any recommendations?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your anniversary. IIRC, they have a good tasting menu so I'd go with that if its your first time.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The egg is quite well thought of. Enjoy.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The menu changes too often to have any recs.

They way it works is, there are three "categories" with about 8-12 selections each. They break down roughly as apps, entrees and desserts. You can have 3, 4 or 5 courses, in any combination. If you want five from the dessert category, you can do that. They scale the portions accordingly, so if you get two apps they will be a bit smaller than if you get one, etc.

All the food is what you would expect, that is, a California take on nouvelle cuisine.

Price is very reasonable for what you get. It's my favorite restaurant there, even if it's an obvious choice and certain food snobs (ahem ^) disdain it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For a Russian fellow such as yourself, if price is no object, I believe they make the best blini I've had to go with their caviar service. It's actually pretty reasonable, from what I remember.

tombrokaw

Reaction score
Just don't order dessert, since your courses can come from any section. I think their savory options are far better.

Also don't forget to tell them it's an anniversary (um, just say it's a wedding anniversary), they'll give you a few treats for it.

Great restaurant, can't recommend it highly enough!

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Just don't order dessert, since your courses can come from any section. I think their savory options are far better.

Also don't forget to tell them it's an anniversary (um, just say it's a wedding anniversary), they'll give you a few treats for it.

Great restaurant, can't recommend it highly enough!

+1, the desserts were sub-par.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Thanks all. Interesting re: deserts. Considering caviar course as well. Will check with her O/B if it's OK for her (7 months pregnant).
cheers.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I think generally women are advised to stay away from caviar unless it's pasteurized. I've never eaten pasteurized caviar, but I can't imagine it'd be worth it, even if Danko offers it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks all. Interesting re: deserts. Considering caviar course as well. Will check with her O/B if it's OK for her (7 months pregnant).
cheers.gif

Congrats, dude.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks all.

Interesting re: deserts.

Considering caviar course as well. Will check with her O/B if it's OK for her (7 months pregnant).

cheers.gif

oh snap! Big year for you, and congratulations!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads