Eat. Bespoke. Love (my Italian trip report)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by WeakMonday, Jan 28, 2015.

1. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

I think Sarto gets a bad wrap but it's only natural to get ultra defensive when you see people visiting your home with the best of intentions and getting scammed. Not to say that this is the case here, but I think we all know to stay well away from Mr. Cerrutti (or give him a kick to the gut depending on how many ties your ordered). At the end of the day Italy flourishes on tourism, and it must be incredibly frustrating to see people ruining the industry (even a niche one like sartorial excursions). Not to mention cheapen the reputation of a fine craft.

I'm not going to comment on the suits and fits but it looks like OP had a fantastic time and it was very kind of him to share the experience with us. Looking forward to seeing how the Volpe commission turns out.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

2. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

@akoustas worth clarifying

First: Sarto is not from Naples or Italy. He is Spanish and obsessed with an idealistic neapolitan tailoring take. He has frequented this forum for years under many other nicknames and has been apparently slammed by everybody before finding nice friends at Kiton... He moved there to study shirtmaking apparently and may still be there. He goes on a South Asian style forum bashing off anything he sees here on SF and is obsessed with many worrying things (including me attending the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot for the last three years, this will be the fourth BTW).

Second: The latest commissions posted here are from another member of the forum, not the OP Weakmonday.

3. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

[​IMG]

Kudos on the Ascot but the Grand National looks far more entertaining.

4. jedwards

jedwards Senior member

Are you sure he's not Italian?
    He seems to have a particularly high disdain for the tailors of Spain as far as I can recall.

5. marcodalondra

110% Spanish . As I said is obsessed with neapolitan tailoring /handmade garments.

6. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Let's see what the mods can do about this aficionado who is obsessed with me all the time ans last time he shilled a shirtmaker, he took a client of mine several years to deliver the paid garments. This guy allegedly spams tons of posters to take them to his circle of tailors etc.( tons told me and the mods all the time) he can't deny it.

Tons of posters have been spammed via pm by him and i expossed this dishonest behaviour all the time.

When people asks me, i never recommend any as on the contrary,i live of my own work and got honour and dignity and do not shill any.

I warned about this aficionados and unprobloggers bloggers, who on the contrary to me,do not belong to the industry.

Here a clear example.

It's obvious this person do not likes to have real pros telling about Naples so he can be "admired" or shill the " ultimate" Neapolitan tailors as he and other does. Tons of post of me expossing it and hope this to be the last.

7. marcodalondra

what did I say that was not true again?
    Keeping up the story of shilling? Can you also explain why do you blast this forum on the Asian one and that participate here so to sell ties and fabrics? Who is obsessed with whom again?

8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Has anybody bought ties from Sarto? Good quality?

9. spectre

spectre Senior member

If it's loose where it shouldn't be it is clearly a poorly cut garment. If the sleeves are not as trim as they should be, again that is not good.

Is this not the most basic of all tailoring requirements?

10. SartodiNapoli

If that bash is true( is not) you can paste the evidences instead of distorting the reality. How many times i have expossed/ disarmed the attacks and insults of this guy?

Hope the mods do act as i am not here to arguebut to help members(both on frauds and or tailoring)

On the other forum i sell simply my garments and supply the owner for his tailoring house. Not my fault you seem envious of a non Italian reaching places you dreamed on and helping people without economic interest ( on the contrary to "others" do.

On the contrary, the shirtmaker that took several years to deliver to my client, never paid the ties he got from us.

Great circle that one you frequent... but i can't publish all the info i got.

Meanwhile i am humild shirt/tie maker who expossed all the bad garments and dishonest behaviours, while NO ONE can accuse me of any of those.

Who is obsessed with me? Clearly you who mentioned my name on this thread. Another fact.

Readers started to realice time ago i always defend the truth even some can't digest it, but i am no nutritionist.

This thread is a clear example to avoid going to the "recommended" tailors( that you again) and other also expossed by me,do all the time.

The not good quality and fit is obvious, also a price way over any random street tailor of Naples.

To whom pocket went that extra sum? I do not know or interested into...

Again, out of my speech, the social service and community help. I never recommended any on the contrary. Goes against my honour, because i got it.

Best

Will continue my prayings about this person. Is the most i can do for. For Christian charity, i would pass to answer the upcoming hysterical lies/ attacks and even illegal things as were menaced to do for this guy as revealing secrets with publicity ( a typified delict on the European Union) Get better asap please.

If that bash is true( is not) you can paste the evidences instead of distorting the reality. How many times i have expossed/ disarmed the attacks and insults of this guy?

Hope the mods do act as i am not here to arguebut to help members(both on frauds and or tailoring)

On the other forum i sell simply my garments and supply the owner for his tailoring house. Not my fault you seem envious of a non Italian reaching places you dreamed on and helping people without economic interest ( on the contrary to "others" do.

On the contrary, the shirtmaker that took several years to deliver to my client, never paid the ties he got from us.

Great circle that one you frequent... but i can't publish all the info i got.

Meanwhile i am humild shirt/tie maker who expossed all the bad garments and dishonest behaviours, while NO ONE can accuse me of any of those.

Who is obsessed with me? Clearly you who mentioned my name on this thread. Another fact.

Readers started to realice time ago i always defend the truth even some can't digest it, but i am no nutritionist.

This thread is a clear example to avoid going to the "recommended" tailors( that you again) and other also expossed by me,do all the time.

The not good quality and fit is obvious, also a price way over any random street tailor of Naples.

To whom pocket went that extra sum? I do not know or interested into...

Again, out of my speech, the social service and community help. I never recommended any on the contrary. Goes against my honour, because i got it.

Best

Will continue my prayings about this person. Is the most i can do for. For Christian charity, i would pass to answer the upcoming hysterical lies/ attacks and even illegal things as were menaced to do for this guy as revealing secrets with publicity ( a typified delict on the European Union) Get better asap please.

11. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

12. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

13. koolbear

koolbear Well-Known Member

Yeah nope. [​IMG]

14. SartodiNapoli

Due to my new mobile phone, my answers have mixed inside the quote box and look like if my words were said by Marco on this case what makes it not understable.

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Marco and Sarto, how about we end this and you guys can utilize the "block member" tool....so this great thread can get back on track. Thanks.