• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easy dinners

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Trader Joe's marinated kalbi meat + grill along with rice in a rice cooker = no mess, no fuss, just pure impact

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Unless that's Jo Sung Mo, I can't trust no Trader Joe for some K-BBQ

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh ****, actually i know what you're talking about now. They only have that galbi at a couple TJ's in Socal, it's a small indie Korean couple distributing that, somebody on my facebook is friends with them and was hyping it up.

Sir Jack

Reaction score
If you have a croc pot, a simple and delectable reciepe:

Take a small pork roast or small chicken roast, season (listed below), and place it into said croc pot

Seasoning:
Garnish with sea salt, minced garlic; a cajun seasoning if you're looking for a bolder meal to have with a bourbon, Franks hot sauce and/or Buffalo sauce if you're looking for a dressed down meal to have with beer or red cat, you can pretty much come to your own conclusions and continue this list. I typically garnish with sea salt, minced garlic, rosemary, parsley and black pepper.

Add a can of cream of broccoli or broccoli cheese soup to croc pot

Cook for 8-10 hours on high.

Very simple meal that comes out quite well.

my0gr81

Reaction score
Fry 1 finely chopped onion and 1/4tsp of ground habaneros (scotch bonnet works too) in 1tbsp butter and 1tbsp oil until soft and transluscent into a rice cooker. Add 1/2 tsp allspice, freshly grated nutmeg to taste, 3 tbsp of ground tomato and 1 1/2 tsp of salt. Cook to combine all the flavors, add 1 1/2 cup of white long grain rice (rinsed and drained) and stir into the tomato mixture to "fry" the rice a bit. Add 3 cups of water, stir to break up the lumps in the rice and let come to a boil. Stir again and let the water evaporate almost half way. Add a can of beans (red kidney, black or any preference) rinsed and drained, stir to mix through. Cover and let the rice cooker do its thing. Voila! Rice and Peas. Less than 10 min, including chopping and clean up.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Sometimes I think Conne just starts threads to sucker people into typing out long responses. But I'll submit rotisserie chicken and herb roasted potatoes.
Herbed+Roasted+Potatoes+Final.JPG
Cut up potatoes mix with melted butter, dried herbs 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so Or google a more advanced version
RotisserieChicken.jpg
Then cut up your leftover chicken from the rotisseries and put it in a Cambell's soup of your choice. It takes an otherwise ****** soup into something good. I prefer the Chicken gumbo, chicken barley mushroom, or southwestern vegetable varieties. Learn to plan the use of leftover ingredients and cooking becomes much easier and cheap. My go to out the door snack is the toasted peanut butter sandwich. Also, if you'e got a Foreman Grill (or have two cast iron pans), boil a pack of fresh chicken breasts, get yourself some onions and peppers and tomatoes, and you can make a grilled sandwich rather easily. You can get a few quick sandwiches from those over a 5 day period. I use whole grain wheat sandwich bread. No need for focaccia. Diced Chicken Green Peppers Onions Banana Peppers Provalone Italian Dressing Tomato Dijon mustard Dried oregano or basil More is More.
chicken%20panini.jpg
Be creative.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came up with this idea in a non-sober state but even now it seems reasonable.

-Chicken Broth
-Chicken Breast
-A pack of instant noodles
-Any veggies you want

Boil the chicken broth, throw the chicken breast in (you can cut it up if you want), simmer until the chicken is done. Throw in a little ramen seasoning if you want, then at the least minute toss in the noodles and veggies, and throw an egg in there too if you're a baller and boom, done.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boiled Chicken in a Sandwich ? I hope you mean Boil, then Grill..

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Boiled Chicken in a Sandwich ? I hope you mean Boil, then Grill..

No. Boiled. But then you grill the chicken on the sandwich and it takes up the flavors of the spices and sauces.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
No. Boiled. But then you grill the chicken on the sandwich and it takes up the flavors of the spices and sauces.

Got you, Much Much Better. How long would you say would you boil for ?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Will try your marinade and report back.

Kunk's olive oil, lemon juice, and basil marinade, on chicken that was grilled, was quick, easy, and good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads