• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastland

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Eastland shoes? The Seneca model, in particular, looks
drool.gif
. Hand-made in Freeport, ME since 1956 or something. Saw a few posts about it, but they were not particularly helpful. This is a thread dedicated to the brand. (DSW has the Seneca boots for the best price that I have found so far)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny you post this now, I was just looking up their shoes yesterday. Apparently they're no longer made in the U.S.?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
+1 on the Seneca, looks like a high-top version of the LL Bean Blucher moc. If I hadn't just bought some similar YMC shoes/boots from Fok I would definately be interested.

Reaction score
^ No way! I was just on their site yesterday, and it says that they are still manufactured in Freeport.
Yes, look in "ABOUT US" on their website:

Since 1955, our family-owned enterprise has been crafting \t\t\t\t\t\t\tclassic American shoes in the seaside city of Freeport, Maine. And we \t\t\t\t\t\t\tare proud of every shoe we package and send your way.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's conflicting info out there: http://www.usstuff.com/shoes.htm (near the bottom)

I wonder who's right.

Stopped manufacturing shoes in the United States as of September 2001. They are all made outside USA. Still have some made in USA shoes in inventory, but not many. (per Eastlandshoe.com cust serv email 3-8-02)
"Our shoes are manufactured in carefully chosen factories around the world, with all of our shoes being produced in safe, healthy working environments." (per eastlandshoe.com web site 3-7-02)
Ordered boots from Eastland Shoes but they were made in China. I am going to return them. (per US Stuff visitor email 1-28-02)
Up until past September, manufacturing shoes in Maine factory. After 46 years of making shoes domestically, now importing all shoes. (per Eastland Shoe cust serv email 1-23-02, per US Stuff visitor email 1-24-02)
Made in China. (per shoe labeling per US Stuff visitor email 1-24-02)
Warning!- Eastland Shoes decided some time ago to stop making shoes in the US (per US Stuff visitor email 11-14-01)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out these, lightly used dead stock boots. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120331402539

Apparently made in Maine. I was thinking about bidding on them (which is why I was looking up their shoes yesterday), but I'd rather just put $20 towards a pair of russells or something instead.

36b1_12.JPG

3d03_12.JPG

Reaction score
^ that's what turned me on to the company. There is a pair of vingate Seneca boots in my size for $20 buy-it-now, but I have to pay for some resoling of a couple other shoes, so I have to pass; the seller has a gaggle of other vintage workboots that look mighty enticing.

planetofsound

Reaction score
been looking for a pair of dirty bucks and was checking out the eastland bucks on zappos. seems like a decent option for around $65. anyone got these? wondering if the eastland or the ll beans one would be a better bet.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is funny because I used to despise Eastland, especially thier moc-toe variants back in the 90's when I was first introduced to them. Funny how now I don't understand why the hate at the time. Thy look like a nice looking shoe, which may be questionable now that they're a Chinese product (would need to purchase to know).

DaveFromGA

Reaction score
Hey, what do you think of their Falmouth shoes, which is truly an LL Bean blucher moc look-alike?

Just for the record, Bass now has brought back their own version of said shoe too -- called the Camp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads