• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastland Made in Maine

Russ R

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these stretch out? I got the Millinockets but they are a bit snug. I'd really like to wear them but I'm afraid they wont stretch out and I won't be able to resell them because they're worn. They are the brown suede ones if that helps, thanks!

erikl

Reaction score
Eastland Kennebunk in brown (made by Rancourt?). The toebox is a little longer and sleeker on these than maybe your standard moc boot. Stitch quality seems great. The leather is some type of oil-tanned Horweenn that shows a ton of grain and is thick and rigid out of the box. Leather midsole, leather insole with the same leather as the exterior. Real life color is a medium, ruddy brown, slightly reddish in some light.

I think the one thing they should have done was use a flat outsole, instead of the block heel Vibram type that's on there.

While we're kinda talking about Rancourt, I think these Acorn Latigo Glace mid boots they're doing for Taylor Stitch are pretty nice.

Last edited:

erikl

Reaction score
I just shot some video of these shoes and reviewed them:

CPaul

Reaction score
Ordered some tan suede falmouths from Gilt. I should've know better but the suede is dirty and its texture is really inconsistent. Definitely going back.
On a side note, the details on my OSB Trail Oxfords are way nicer than these. I've heard the rumors that OSB, Rancourts, and Eastland's are all made in the same factory, so I just wanted to add that in here.

NHKvictim

Reaction score
I recently got these Eastland Camp mocs Off eBay; kids size 6 Narrow (I have small feet), made in Usa. They're nice. About $32 shipped.

Emixam

Reaction score
I just received my Eastland millinocket chukka. Pretty satisfied with them, but I will not concur with has been said before : Yuketen are still better made and more comfortable (but Eastland remain extremely confortable, I just find Yuketen to be my most comfy shoes). But Eastland are easily 20% less expensive so overall that's a good investment. Not sure if these have a replaceable outsole, I just sent a mail to Eastland about that. Cannot wait to see the CXL age.

The top heel inner stitching is a bit hurting at the moment, I think it will ease quickly as the shoes strecth with wear.

0d73c8ce8a3711e385a412779cede4e3_7.jpg

thanos

Reaction score
Was in mine :D

Cheers for the heads-up, got the last one

Kwaker

Reaction score
Excellent ... it was a great deal for a MIM item!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads