• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couple of other things. The term quarters is an Igent term. Most tailors unless they are message board savvy won't know what you are talking about.

Even Italian tailors? It would be strange, being the most common word.
The front parts of the jacket are called in italian "quarti anteriori" or simply "davanti".

Anyway, UrbanComposition, great report and amazing jackets especially the DB.
I have no doubt Arrigo's DB cut "doppio uso" was influenced by a great client like @carpu65 a real connoisseur

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What you refer to as the more conservative Liverano is a thing a beauty.

He dresses really well. One of the best posters on the board, although I don't think he posts much here nowadays.

Last edited:

vida

Reaction score

That's a lot of drape. Perhaps even more than old school A&S.

Urban Comp, have you ever tried a jacket with a more structured shoulder? That might be a good look for your build.

Interesting you say that about a structured shoulder because I thought the same. However, UC seems to have an athletic build which would usually suggest the exact style he is wearing. Is there something I'm not seeing?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A slight shoulder extension usually does the trick for me; the way the sleeve is attached is less of a factor.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Interesting you say that about a structured shoulder because I thought the same. However, UC seems to have an athletic build which would usually suggest the exact style he is wearing. Is there something I'm not seeing?

I suggested a structured shoulder based on the fit of his fresco suit jacket. I am sure the jacket is quite comfortable and the most important thing is that UC is happy.

But the fresco jacket gives the impression of really sloping shoulders. If one has sloping shoulders, a more structured shoulder could be a good choice. I don't know if UC has sloping shoulders or not, but the jacket (based on the photo) gives that appearance.

I get the sense that UC is relatively fit so I am not sure this cut is the most flattering for his build -- sloping shoulders, excessive drape, where the waist is nipped a bit to give the jacket a modicum of shape. This is just my observation and I am just offering a constructive comment and not looking for an internet fight.

vida

Reaction score
Got it. I was just interested in your opinion because I see it the same way, but could not determine why.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I can appreciate built-up and natural shoulders, as long as it's not too exaggerated on either extreme. I have and like both but feel more "me" with a natural shoulder. Padding seems artificial to me and if the cost of a natural shoulder means less of an ideal shape, I'm OK with that. My body is V enough as it is.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In that case, you don't need a structured shoulder. But perhaps, look at the other examples of the soft shoulder treatment that DWW posted (among other examples) for less extreme examples.

Also, in my view, the heavy drape of the jacket obscures your level of fitness. That's all.

vida

Reaction score
I thought you were pretty fit. Your clothes look sharp...and I'm envious of your trip to Italy!

gusvs

Reaction score

Here we see @gusvs in a Liverano suit. He's always well-dressed, but this shows a Liverano jacket with very open quarters, which exposes the tie and waistband.

Here's a more conservative Liverano suit, which doesn't.

Thanks @dieworkwear However, the first example is actually not Liverano, it is Sartoria Corcos. The blue suit is Liverano though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks @dieworkwear However, the first example is actually not Liverano, it is Sartoria Corcos. The blue suit is Liverano though.

Whoops, thanks for the correction!

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In that case, Liverano is clearly a step above Corcos and Guida.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads