• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani was poineer to use fusing material at that time . It was an new technique .

My respect to Sicilian tailors, my full disrespect to Armani aka crapmani.

Armani was one of the ones who degenerated all the tailoring and good looking of centuries on tailoring to the atrocities he is know for, also the worst decade ever about style, late 80s, early 90s, he is the guilty one.

He even doesn´t knows how to dress properly, or maybe he doesn´t cares. He is only a magician on making believe to the masses his low quality garments are “ the best”.

He is guilty of the closing of tons of Made in Italy factories because his high priced garments, most of the time, are made by slaves on the IV World country paying them cents a day per labour just by being a pennypincher who asks 350 euros for a bad shirt that cost more of shipping back than to made itself due to poor materials used, perhaps 5 euros of making it.

See him here with, maybe, a random picked rtw of any of his low quality but high prices lines. Too long sleeves, bad trouser, gapped collar, button down with tie,

etc.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you. It's a look. Fashion; it's a silly business. Sometimes even I fall prey to it. In the 90s I did love me some Armani doh.

jpo

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition

Again, fantastic and informative thread, molto props my man

I understand the time involved for doing a jacket/suit and several fittings is longer than I have in Sicliy. However, would you think that Sig Arrigo would be able to do Trousers in a couple days? I understand trousers to be much simpler than a jacket, of course. I am going to be in Toarmina and staying in Linguaglossa for about 4-5 days and am wondering if that would be enough time for a couple fittings for trousers. What do you think? I'd like some idea before i contract Signore Arrigo.

Thanks!

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno, but I'll ask. I do know he needs 1.5 meters for pants, but he also has his own cloth. I should have an answer by tomorrow-ish.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two packages arrived, one in Messina and one in Catania. Having both tailors make a sportcoat and suit each. Asked for adjustments: wider shoulder, lower gorge for Arrigo; fuller chest for Palimisicano. Should be ready in a couple months.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two packages arrived, one in Messina and one in Catania. Having both tailors make a sportcoat and suit each. Asked for adjustments: wider shoulder, lower gorge for Arrigo; fuller chest for Palimisicano. Should be ready in a couple months.

Very nice. No fittings?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Palmisciano sent me a jacket that had zero fittings, and fit perfect. Amazing that no fittings were necessary. If these arrive with no adjustments needed, I'll be pretty stoked, though I'm not expecting it.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

South Italian tailors are the best in the world (after Golden age Savile ones) , and ironically, the most underrated and underpaid.

I hope this thread give them the glory they deserve, just simply by basical dignity.

My tribute to all them.

Best.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed with both tailors, and really excited to see how the jackets in particular will materialize. The suits are just basic 10oz fresco suits: flap hip pockets, barchetta chest pocket, pleated pents. The sportcoats are another story: one is a refined but heavy 15ish oz wool/cashmere gunclub, and the other is the beefy shetland.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick shot of the full suit, this time buttoned 6x2.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks straight out of a 1950s Italian tailor's sartoria. I mean that in the best possible sense.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it was 10° cooler in SF than the East Bay today.

Looks great!

bloodyj13

Reaction score
My gratitude to
@UrbanComposition , eventually met Pippo and have the sport jacket made without a translator...wow, and Signor Arrigo brought us to have gelato near his atelier. well, my wife doesn't really know how to take pictures...and we supposed to take more pics onthe day we pick up the jacket, however all parking were full at that afternoon, i had to leave my car at almost the centre of the roadway, rush to collect the jacket without taking any pic......what a shame! Will try to post up more pic later on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads