1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

East Sicily Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by UrbanComposition, May 27, 2016.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

2. chobochobo

[​IMG]

Double button inside closure. Not that unusual maybe but it's the first time I've seen it.

Vintage grey self stripe fabric courtesy of SimonC. Super heavy and should take some punishment. Great for the current cold spell.

2 people like this.
  3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have two buttons on my Polo DBs. I appreciate the option of rolling to the bottom button, but I never do.

4. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I know, the tie could be tightened :embar:

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  5. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I prefer a less extended shoulder. It's the default cut of the sicilians?

It looks very good nonetheless.

1 person likes this.
  6. UrbanComposition

The default is no extension. I asked for a bit more, and couldn't be happier.

1 person likes this.
  7. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

P, I love it. Shoulders look great, sleeves, everything. Except maybe the height of the breast pocket. A little lower and more towards the center would be better imho. But it could be the picture.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    2 people like this.
  8. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

You get these results with no fitting :brick:?

1 person likes this.
  9. chobochobo

This is Arrigo or the other bloke? Very nice, but I prefer your 'usual' Arrigo shoulder.

PS also wearing Arrigo today.

1 person likes this.
  10. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior member

This is beautiful. Probably my favourite so far. What fabric is this?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. UrbanComposition

I'm floored as well. No tweaks necessary.

This is Palmisciano. I asked both for an extended shoulder, and Arrigo did one as well but the effect is different. If I'd hazard to guess I'd say Arrigo's sleeve is pressed flat whereas Palmisciano presses the seam "open". Also, Palmisciano's sleeves are very three dimensional, as if they are shaped. I should ask.

Thanks. Mid-grey fresco.

12. UrbanComposition

It's different than others, you're right. But I don't mind it. I have one from Mina that's too low, but eh...

2 people like this.
  13. PeopleCountry

PeopleCountry Member

Your previous Palmisciano coats seemed to have shorter lapels than this latest one, closer almost to a regular three-button than a 3-2. Would you agree? Did you ask for something different with this one, or has it been pressed differently? Would you say Palmisciano generally cuts a shorter lapel than Arrigo?

Another thing I'm not sure has been asked here before - do both charge you the same for coats? I saw you shared prices for Arrigo early in the thread, but I might have missed that info on Palmisciano. I'm heading out to Sicily next week with four fabrics in the bag and will see Arrigo on Wednesday. Still somewhat undecided if and how I should divide work between the two. In any case, I'm super excited after following your experience over the last few months (and Sleevehead's). Thanks much!

14. UrbanComposition

I asked for a linen canvas (as opposed to the thicker wool he used previously), so the lapels are much softer right out of the box. The first ones just take a little longer to "settle" to the middle button.

Congrats on your trip. Feel free to PM me for tips / things to do in the area. I can't wait to go back myself.

15. UrbanComposition

Here's a new suit from Arrigo in navy fresco. I didn't think I'd like the color all that much, but it's starting to grow on me. The shoulders were too narrow, so I had him extend them a bit. As you can see, not as much as Palmisciano. Also, whereas Arrigo cuts a sleevehead that drops relatively straight down from the seam, Palmisciano "builds it out", making it three-dimensional. I can appreciate both, but the latter is quite accommodating for anyone with round delts. I must say, I love Arrigo's chest. Veeeery slightly built out.

[​IMG]

20 people like this.
  16. PeopleCountry

PeopleCountry Member

[​IMG]

Dropped off fabrics today at Arrigo's for a jacket and linen pents. Prima prova on Friday. What a great guy!

4 people like this.
  17. PeopleCountry

PeopleCountry Member

The first fitting with Arrigo was today, and things are shaping up nicely. The sleeve will be lengthened just a tiny bit, but that was about it. A most enjoyable experience so far.

He had recommended a restaurant on Monday, just around the corner serving typical Messinese cuisine. We went for lunch today prior to the fitting, and I can second the recommendation: great seafood and very friendly staff. Turned out Pippo had flagged them in advance of our visit. It's called "Piero" in Via Ghibellina, 119. Less than five minutes walk from the Sartoria.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Looks very promising. I love this thread.

19. UrbanComposition

Pippo is a wonderful host. He always takes care of his guests. The jacket should turn out beautifully.

20. chobochobo

He took us to Piero too.