• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earrings?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone wear em? Hate em? Discuss!

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For women and sailors...

gay sailors...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a prince albert
cool.gif

bluemax

Reaction score
I wear one in my left cartilage that I got in high school, usually just a plain silver hoop. I've kept it as a reminder of an important personal life event, sort of like a tattoo but less permanent.

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
Hate them. Although they look good on some guys, I prefer not to get any ear piercings myself.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my very very lost in the fog 18th birthday my left ear got pierced. From what I was told it started as a prank by some of my buddies. They had clipped safety pins and made em look like their ears were pierced but they really weren't. So they got me going with the dare and the ice and needle and at the last second pulled the safety pins and told me it was a joke. Hah the joke was on them. Jammed the needle through my ear and just started laughing. When it was all said and done I woke up the next day with blood all over my pillow and a nice quarter carat diamond earring out of the deal. Wore it for a long time and then over the years decided to wear it less and less. Had something to do with business and making money. Now that I own the place that little quarter carat earring is worn occasionally, guess that non conforming I'll do what I feel like doing attitude is still alive, just subdued a bit from the days of my youth. LOL.

Anyway, I see no big deal if a guy has an earring. It's like anything else, it's all about what you like and if you wear it well then wear it.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
The standard, run-of-the-mill, punched-with-a-gun-at-the-mall earrings are really, really lame. They take no thought or effort whatsoever. They're the equivalent of buying a flannel shirt from Wal-Mart made by a 14-year-old Indonesian because you want to look rugged. There's absolutely no correlation among an 18-gauge hole w/a little nickel hoop through it and the 2-inch septums and labrets of indigenous Alaskan, African, and New Guinea tribes.

Stretched ears are a little better because they take some time and planning and pain. But if you really want to pierce something, stick the femur of a small deer through your lip. Now that's a piercing.

post09_photo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads