1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

earrings for $500-$1000?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by jakejake, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Where can I get a nice pair of earrings for the girlfriend? Would like to spend under $1000.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

pearlparadise.com?

i got a pair of freshadamas for my girl. they're pretty good. i believe they also sell mikimotos and the like

3. intent

intent Senior member

Tiffany & Co.

Even if you can get more elsewhere, the box alone will earn you mad props from her and her gfs.

4. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Tiffany & Co.

Even if you can get more elsewhere, the box alone will earn you mad props from her and her gfs.

+1

5. Tarzan

Tarzan Senior member

Do you like anything from here?
    If you want details and photos of individual items, just ask. Everything on white gold is 18K.
    This is all private collection. I don't have them in front of me right now but if I am correct most of them are in your budget.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Pearlparadise is a great suggestion. They don't actually sell Mikimotos - Mikimoto is a branded cultured sea pearl, quality is very good, but they are massively overpriced. You can get an equal quality pearl from pearlparadise.com for a tiny fraction of the Miki price. I've recommended them on here before; they're really great. Unbelievable quality pearls at great prices. In the $500-$1000 range, you can find a really stunning pair of Tahitian black pearls. IMO, black pearls are an incredibly chic, refined, and stunning piece of statement jewelry. Clean, simple, and versatile. These are great: http://www.pearlparadise.com/130140-...rings3116.aspx

7. ama

ama Senior member

^ the second one all day. Much more versitile.

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

second in particular is massively overpriced for such a simple design. better off just buying diamond studs.

10. ladyinstyle

ladyinstyle Member

Tiffany's the safest.

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Madoff aka US Marshal is having a sale right now.......
    Seriously.....get some nice studs from Tiffany's. You can not go wrong with a nice set of studs.

12. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Madoff aka US Marshal is having a sale right now.......
    Seriously.....get some nice studs from Tiffany's. You can not go wrond with a nice set of studs.

why would anyone buy a set of studs from Tiffany? that is an absolute waste of money.

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

why would anyone buy a set of studs from Tiffany? that is an absolute waste of money.

Cause the box will get him brownie points!

14. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Cause the box will get him brownie points!

any woman in her right mind would rather have larger diamonds that don't come in a blue box.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

any woman in her right mind would rather have larger diamonds that don't come in a blue box.

Women are generally not "in their right mind!"

16. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

I'd also recommend getting simple diamond studs, and definitely NOT from Tiffany's - seriously, you'd be overpaying for the name. FWIW, I was able to get a paid of .50ctw studs (Ideal cut, hearts & arrows, J VS2) from GoodOldGold.com for $800. Fantastic vendor - I'd highly recommend them (they're also a PriceScope vendor, if that means anything to you).

17. intent

intent Senior member

I vehemently disagree.

18. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I vehemently disagree.

My girlfriend specifically told me "no Tiffany's ever".

I was glad to oblige with .50 ctw studs bezel set in 18k white gold. She was over the moon about them and I was happy with the price of $630 from blue nile.

FWIW her sister has the bezel set Tiffany's and is a bit jealous of the earrings I got my gf as they do look much nicer.

19. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

My girlfriend specifically told me "no Tiffany's ever".

I was glad to oblige with .50 ctw studs bezel set in 18k white gold. She was over the moon about them and I was happy with the price of $630 from blue nile.

FWIW her sister has the bezel set Tiffany's and is a bit jealous of the earrings I got my gf as they do look much nicer.

we get it, you're a perfect boyfriend. you know what diamonds to buy. your legs and abs are chiseled to the point of being approachable, but beyond reproach. your face sings with heavenly glory. I want to be you. [​IMG]