Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Earnest Sewn Hutch

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by YMark, May 15, 2005.

1. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

I was at Nieman Marcus Last Call (or is it Last Chance, anyway, the outlet store) yesterday and picked up a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch jeans for $86. Not a bad price from my little research.

I noticed however that they are really stiff. I even ran them through a wash cycle and they're still pretty stiff. Is this normal for the Hutch cut? Will they soften up over time?

I really like the fit of them, just not used to jeans being so stiff.

Thanks

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What's the wash? Probably these are Hutch-10, or the B12 wash, which have a resin finish. They will soften uup with time, but the stiffness is a deliberate characteristic of that wash.

3. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

They're a Hutch 10 wash. I haven't worn them yet, do you find them comfortable?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I find them plenty comfortable, and I actually like the stiffness, although that wears off except on the upper thighs after a few wash and wears. I find the texture of the B-12's really interesting as well, a lot like the now discontinues "coveted" wash that led off the Levi's Premium line.