• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own these jeans? What do you think of them? I can't decide if it's too much distressing for my taste. I have/love the Line Dry, and want another pair of Fultons. Also, how does the weight/stretching/shrinking compare to the Line Dry wash?

wq1999

Reaction score
I own two pair. Great jeans, great wash. These are the only non-dry denim I would wear at the moment. The distressing is very subtle. I haven't washed them, so I wouldn't know about shrinkage.

seen

Reaction score
Doesnt really shrink. Maybe about .5 - .75 inch. Max

Stylez

Reaction score
They neither stretch or shrink much at all (they're sanforized). I ended up returning the pair I bought the next couple of days because the stretching was extremely subtle. I think these jeans are dry in some parts (if thats possible?) or they are extremely stiff. I had a **** load of honey combs the next day and coudnt figure out why, and the buttons were already fading through the fly area. They are really awesome jeans, i had a hard time choosing to return them.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylez
I think these jeans are dry in some parts (if thats possible?)
The Patriot "wash" is not a wash. They're dry with some light predistressing. The concept admittedly strikes me as a little silly, but what I can say? I still have two pairs, and I think they're cool.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know sometimes different washes of the same jean fit differently, any difference in fit between these and the line dry version?

dondenim

Reaction score
I just got a pair. I notice that the right leg seam is shorter than the left one about an inch. Is that normal?

Stylez

Reaction score
I have no idea...the same problem happened to me, the right shorter than the left. First, I thought that was due to more honey combs on the right leg, but in the end I just returned them.

bufo

Reaction score
They neither stretch or shrink much at all (they're sanforized). I ended up returning the pair I bought the next couple of days because the stretching was extremely subtle.

Mine stretched a little bit... It's not SO much stretching that I can't wear them anymore. I think you didn't notice any stretching cause you only wear them for a couple of days. I've had mine since May, but only wear them like once or twice a week. I like the fit, and the distressing is nice. Seems like it's pretty easy to get these jeans to fade even more. The bad thing about them are that they are kinda thin.

dondenim

Reaction score
I have no idea...the same problem happened to me, the right shorter than the left. First, I thought that was due to more honey combs on the right leg, but in the end I just returned them.

From what i heard it's is normal that the Patriot has that sort of inseams because of the wabi-sabi concept which states that the perfection is found in imperfect stuff. I also got confirmation from them too.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread because I need stretching info on these jeans...

I've been hunting for them for a long time and need to know about how they stretch. I am a 32 in RRDS and after 5 months they have stretched to around a 34-ish. The waist is comfortable at this point. How do the Patriot jeans fit? I've read that Earnest Sewn fits really really slim, and the few pairs that I've tried on (a long time ago) were quite slim. I might buy a W33 in these jeans. How would that stretch if I wore them quite continuously for a few months to get some great fades?

Looking for any sizing/stretching info on this wash...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
The Patriot "wash" is not a wash. They're dry with some light predistressing. The concept admittedly strikes me as a little silly, but what I can say? I still have two pairs, and I think they're cool.
I didn't know they really weren't a wash. In that case, they remind me of the faux-selvage Club Monaco's bandwagon and I own.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I didn't know they really weren't a wash. In that case, they remind me of the faux-selvage Club Monaco's bandwagon and I own.
I suppose they may be one wash, but they're surprisingly rigid for that if they are.
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Is this the Line Dry? http://www.guisestore.com/product_p/50005.htm
Yes, #50. Those are one wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads